Chapter 9

Belly looked as she and Jeremiah were outside by his car. She knew that things weren't perfect and that she had seen Jeremiah a lot during the school year but lately, she felt disconnected from everyone.

"You know Conrad had is now going to be a senior. After this year he might actually come back this side. That has to be exciting on many levels," Jeremiah said as Belly just smiled at him.

"For me or for you?" Belly asked.

"You still love him, Belly," Jeremiah said as Belly looked at him.

Belly's feelings for Conrad was something that she was never able to hide when she was younger, and now that she is older and in college, she was even unable to hide it.

"Jere, you have been there more than even Taylor has been this last year so you know very well how I feel," Belly said as she leaned against the tree with Jeremiah looking at her.

"Well, have you told my brother how you feel?" Jeremiaha sked as Belly exhaled.

"No, I haven't. But you know how me and Conrad have been these last two years. Last I saw him he was a freshman from Brown and now he is a junior from Stanford. He has probably made a nice living for himself. Working in the labs in California and just doing everything the way that he should. Your mom would be proud of him," Belly said.

When Belly and the boys were younger there was always the once argument of what each of the boys would go to study. Conrad stated early in life that he didn't want to go into finance. He made that very clear. Jeremiah stated that he would be interested and Belly wanted a flexible kind of job. So, Conrad went to study pre-med after Susannah got diagnosed with cancer, Jeremiah went to study finance to become a banker like his father, and Belly had gone to study English, hoping to become an author, but going into teaching right after college.

"Mom would be proud of all of us. Okay! Why did you want to talk to me?" Jeremiah asked as Belly exhaled.

"Okay, fine. Caught me. I want to tell you about something. I feel like due to how we are, our friendship, you deserve to know this. Me and Conrad came up here when we were together. That December after Christmas," Belly said as Jeremiah looked at her.

"Conrad told me. It was one of the first things we had discussed last year," Jeremiah said.

"You know, me and Belly were up here before we broke up," Conrad said as Jeremiah looked at him.

"When?" Jeremiah asked.

"The December after we got together. I brought her up here to see the snow. Both of us wanted to experience that. Just see it. I don't know how you will take what I'm about to tell you," Conrad said as Jeremiah just looked at his brother.

"How bad is it on a scale from one to ten?" Jeremiah asked.

"Jere you can take a guess at what happened then you'll know," Conrad said.

"I just don't get how your relationship went as far as it did, and you just gave up. You should have fought for her man," Jeremiah said.

"You're not mad about it?" Conrad asked, confused as to why his brother was acting so cool.

"No, I'm not. Belly loves you, she always will. I just wish you could see that," Jeremiah said.

"Wow, I guess you guys have spoken about a lot then," Belly said as Jeremiah nodded.

"And I am all for it all. Me and Hannah were togetherby then. Maybe if I knew before then, but not now. Let's do this, Bells. Let'sget you two back together," Jeremiah said as Belly nodded.