Chapter 14

HAZEL P.O.V.

"Oh my god! Jace!" I practically shouted, "what the hell happened to your face?"

"Oh, nothing," he said, sitting next to me.

"Liar!" I shouted, "something definitely happened! Someone did this to you, didn't they?"

"Yeah," Jace said, looking down, "Noah did this to me."

"What gives him the nerves to do that?" I asked, almost in tears, "I can't believe you're being blamed for this!"

"Hazel-"

"No! I kissed you, too. After Noah and I broke up, I wanted you!" I cried, "I went after you! You didn't do anything!"

"Hazel, this isn't your fault."

"Yes it is!"

"No it isn't," he said, holding my hand, "Noah chose to beat me up. He's upset that he can't win you back."

"What does Noah even see in me?" I asked, "I mean, I kissed you!"

"Hazel," he said, "I know you might be curious what he sees in you, but I can't count on one hand the things I love about you."

"Jace, I love you," I said, "but I want Noah to leave you alone."

"Hazel, I'd do anything to be with you," he said, "it doesn't matter what Noah does to me. I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Good to hear," he said, making me giggle, "so, let's talk about something else."

"Sure," I said, trying to ignore his black eye.

"Um," Jace said, trying to find a topic to talk about, "oh, um, Isabela's staying over this weekend!"

"Isabela? Who's that?"

"Isabela Moner."

"Oh, yeah!" I said, "that's cool!"

"Yeah! I haven't seen her since the movie!" he said, "she's really nice. Maybe you can meet her tomorrow or Sunday."

"That would be so fun!" I smiled, "I'm recording the song for Henry Danger on Sunday, but maybe we can work something out tomorrow."

"That's so cool! I can't wait to hear it!"

"Did you memorize your lines?" I asked.

"Yep. Did you?"

"Mhm," I smiled.

The rest of the day went by really fast. We barely got any homework (that doesn't mean we didn't get any). I got home and recorded another cover on YouTube. This song was called "My Girl" by The Temptations. I wanted to sing a 60's song because I've been singing so many of todays hits and songs.

I changed some of the lyrics that said "man" to "girl" and dedicated to Lillian, my best friend.

 I've got sunshine on a cloudy day

 When it's cold outside I've got the month of May

 I guess you'd say

 What can make me feel this way?

 My girl (my girl, my girl)

 Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl)