22. Bubble Tea And Secrets (2)

HOPE WILSON

"Tell me everything. Every nitty-gritty detail, what happened?"

I shut the door as calmly as humanly possible only to locate Lucy shuffling here and there like crazy. Her three pairs of chunky boots are wrapped up in plastic sheets in her arms.

"Nothing happened! I was drunk, goddammit!" I rub my hands over my burning face as Harry's words ring in my ear continuously.

I have quite a few things on my mind, Butterfly, and I hope you don't mind doing them with me.

My mind swings back and forth like a playground swing between my remaining persisting hangover and just the freaking way Harry said that. I haven't even gotten a chance to comprehend the meaning, the whole implication behind his words but my mind cannot seem to stop sensing and fixating on the double meaning behind the sentence.

His that stupid little smirk said it all.

Stop. It. Fuck. You. Wilson. Shut. Up.

"Good." She points towards me as I seize my steps to the kitchen for yet another water bottle, maybe to drown myself even. "Because I was on my way again to punch him for gatekeeping you for an entire 16 hours knowing that I am about to leave soon." 

"Yeah. Sorry." She's leaving in two days. Her laundry is littered throughout the living room while she is going bonkers for packing. Her inner Monica Geller tends to surface whenever she's packing and wouldn't let me or anyone else place a single hairpin in one of her many pouches. 

She pauses in her steps from the downstairs bathroom to the couch and pulls up an amusing expression on my state.

"These look good on you. Where did you buy them?" She jests, implying to the clothes, knowing fully well who do they belong to. I roll my eyes while shaking my head.

"The Harry Store," I answer.

"Yeah? What's it called?"

I say the first thing that comes into my mind, "Pleasing- A Collection For Drunk People Who Stumble To Harry's House. Limited Edition."

She laughs, tying up her hair in a bun and I smile.

I am aware that I am reeking of alcohol and, well, puke, but that doesn't stop me from walking towards her and hugging her from behind while she continues to fold her clothes. 

I don't know when I'm gonna do this again.

"God, please take a bath. You smell like feet."

"Heyy." 

 "And come back and help me pack." I give her a look at her words, bending sideways to see her face. 

She did not just say that.

"Really? I thought last time your exact words were, 'You bitch, Wilson. The sanitary items go in the blue bag, not in the green one. I have to do everything around h-"

"Yeah. Yeah. I know what I said." She shrugs me off and turns around while I swallow my creeping laugh. "But right now, I am losing it. So before I lose it all, please come and help me."

"Yes, madam, yes." 

She balls her brown eyes at me as I make my way up to my bedroom, place my own clothes on my bed and my feet involuntarily take me to my balcony.

My goodness. It's weird to know I was on that balcony, in that bedroom, not even half an hour ago. I wish that it was just another nightmare, but it isn't. It has happened and is going to haunt me for the better part of my day now.