Memories

"Lucas, it's time to slowly start implementing our plans. We should get Verma soon."

"Yes boss, I have planned the best situation to abduct Verma." Lucas gave a satisfying answer.

"Good. I shouldn't slow down my work anymore. The sooner it's done, the sooner I can sort out everything regarding my woman."

"Richard?" Lucas suddenly called me.

"Yes?"

"Max is calling. He wants to talk to you." Lucas said as he held out the phone to me. I uninterestedly took the call and Max spoke.

-On phone-

"Ric- sorry I mean boss. How is everything going on? Will Verma be caught soon? Is it possible?" Max said in excitement.

"Asking me if killing a weakling like Verma is possible? Are you out of your mind, Max?" I said, mocking him.

"Ha I didn't mean that. Of course in front of the great dangerous mafia King, no one could win." Max said, trying to praise me which right off I understood was just fake sugar coating.

"Tell me why you called?" I spoke fiercely.

"No-nothing just wanted to know how everything was going on. Are you er- sure you can kill Verma?" Max asked again, trying to confirm.

"Trying to get on my nerves, aren't you?" I replied coldly.

"Ha ha no no boss, I was just curious but umm I hope you don't forget that I was the one who gave you the idea and details about Rakesh Verma." Max said as if trying to remind me of how important he is but in reality he was never even a person or topic I could ever spend my precious time talking about. I did know some games were taking place in between my people and that this Max too was involved nevertheless I did not had any confirmation on that. I did saw him as my good faithful friend but recently I started feeling suspicious of his behavior which made me distant from him for the good. The day before leaving to India the friend I went to meet was Max Bandello who let me know about Rakesh Verma's whereabouts and lead me here, to India in order to finish Verma off but somehow some skeptical circumstances came up making me doubt if Max was the one who wanted to get rid of Verma in the first place disregarding the fact that Verma was actually my enemy not his or was there something else in his mind? I couldn't figure it out so it was better I do not share much of the details regarding the matter which he was too interested about.

"Yes I know." I replied to him casually.

"So uhh I hope I will be rewarded." Max said the last words in a low voice being unsure.

"I always treat my helpers fairly. You'll definitely get what you ask for." I cleared his silly doubt.

"Oh boss, thank you. Have a safe mission. I will call you lat-" Before Max could complete talking, I cut the call. As soon as the call ended Max started cursing Richard for being perfect for everything.

***

"Just wait Max. Once I'm sure I've seduced Richard into being mine, I'll dump you and enjoy my life with your money. Ha ha ha. And that so-called loyal dog, Lucas. Poor guy will have to sacrifice his life for my plans to work out." Mia said as she walked towards her room in an evil laugh. She had a small bottle in her hands in which it was written 'poison'. But there was another plan Mia was hiding behind her evil smile. A plan to remove Kritika also from their life.

***

"Uncle?" I called out slowly in hopes and prayers.

"Oh my Fairy. You're back safe?" He said with a sad smile on his face. He came and patted my head. He let out a deep sigh, as if it was a deep sigh of relief. I was relieved to see Verma uncle better. He was completely fine and back to his health more powerful and dangerous than he was before. He was plotting numerous plans to destroy Richard. In between the hate and revenge of Richard and Verma towards each other, there stood me holding my love and responsibility not knowing which one would win.