08.

It was the next day and the was a gloomy mix of grey and white, beams of light barely showing through the clouds.

You were well prepared to face Bakugo today after yesterday's awkward incident at the hot springs. However embarrassing it may be, you picked yourself up and carried on.

Today's weather matched your slightly dull mood as you were unable to get out of bed. You couldn't decide whether you hated or loved how the weather matched your emotions... did you want it to be sunny? Or rainy? Cheery? Or moody?
Your brain just couldn't comprehend your emotions.

Today was the famous dragon match that was well known for its long history of alpha dragons battling each other to the very end, to either win land, property or a lover... most likely an omega due to the old social standards.

You walked into the competing grounds, seeing each individual blade of grass aggressively blowing due to the wind of the upcoming storm. You sat on the bench as the workers of the ground provided mediocre blankets to shelter everyone from the cold. Your omega senses heightened at the loud horn being blown... again.

The competing grounds has huge metal fences and ropes around the grounds, separating the crowd with the contestants. Today, you and many other chosen mates were sat with the crowd due to how dangerous the matches were.

Most of them involved physical fights, fire and extremely sharp claws... all properties that could end a person in seconds with the added attribute that these alphas and betas could transform into dragons!

You relaxed on your bench, snuggling into the blanket, trying to keep in as much heat as you could with the useless sheet of thin fabric.

The horn blew again and the huge pillars that were once ordinary pillars, were now holding an ignited blaze. These were flames of hunger and combat, ready to engulf you whole... which perfectly symbolised what was going to happen in today's event. These flames were not ordinary, they were sourced by the the second most powerful leader of the pack that could only be put out by Endeavour himself.

"Welcome everyone to day four of the mating games! Despite the unfortunate weather, the show must go on! Today we are going to witness a classic battles of the dragons. A match of wits and physical strength! If you take a moment to look up at the board, it will show who the contestants are up against. The match will commence in a few minutes while the contestants get ready!"

You watched the contestants walk into the caged arena, getting ready for the match. They wore power-proof protection that would stretch when they shifted into their dragon form.

You remember your childhood memories where you would sit on the benches of the competing grounds, excitedly cheering on the dragons as you hoped you could do the same... be a powerful alpha... but the day you found out you were an omega, it hurt your heart to know that you were never going to be looking up at. You were never going to be admired. You were never going to be powerful.

Hell, you couldn't even shape shift into a dragon, let alone do anything else... the only other person you knew would understand was Izuku Midoriya. The freckled kid you used to know, full of big dreams and the biggest grin. You two weren't ever close but you knew of each others presence, silently respecting each other as you both shared similar attributes.

Now his dreams of being a power alpha, and alpha that doesn't bring toxic masculinity but a smile to peoples face... was now long gone. But you couldn't speak for him, he could possibly happy at sharing a life with Shoto and you knew that Shoto would do anything for Izuku. True love you suppose...

You watched bakugo lightly stretch as he put the power-proof gear and material on their bodies, strapping it tightly. He ran a finger through his ash blonde locks as he eyes the other contestants with a piercing stare.

You looked up at the board and saw who everyone was up against:
Eijiro Kirishima vs Denki Kaminari
Katsuki Bakugo vs Shoto Todoroki
Momo Yayorozu vs Fumikage Tokoyami
Hanta Sero vs Tetsutetsu
Hitoshi Shinsou vs Neito Monoma

"Alright contestants! Let us begin! First up in the rink will be Eijiro Kirishima against Denki Kaminari!"

The crowd held up signs with individual names on them as they cheered them both on.
The announcer stepped back and out of the rink as Eijiro and Denki transformed into their dragon form.

"Oh... my... gosh..." you muttered under your breath.

Kirishima was now almost as tall as the large walls of the arena, where the competing grounds were held. He had big beautiful cherry red wings that flapped ever so slightly, not too much that there would be any destruction caused by the wind. His scales shone brightly along with his toothy grin, even in dragon form he was the same. His teeth were even sharper than before and he had big razor pointed horns on the head. His dragon feet slowly faded into a black while his muzzle was an ombré of red into silver.

Denki was just as tall with a bright yellow and black theme. His wings had a few feathers at the beginning with lemony undertones and streaks of gold. He had curvy and long black horns and a black tail with a few electric patterns. In addition he had gold speckles along his muzzle and at the ends of his feet.

The two dragons were absolutely jaw-dropping as they stretched in their dragon form, just about to start the match.

The crowd wouldn't take their eyes off the contestants, admiring the beautiful scales and sharp claws as well as the subtle movements of the tail.

The huge metal fenced closer up into a cage as the two contestants were inside. The large cage slowly rose up by a couple metal chains so the fight could happen in mid-air. This gave the crowd a better view and it was less dangerous to get struck by their fire.

________________________
Sorry for the late update guys! I have some pretty tough exams right now, but I'll write as frequently as possible. This book will not be discontinued or on a hiatus.