𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐲 ✰ ~ 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬

chris is playing video games with matt.
i'm sat on his bed.

it's become a thing where whilst i sit on chris' bed and write in my diary, chris does whatever else.

i don't even have to think about it, my pen is flying across the page.

i sit on your bed with you playing video games, our nightly routine.

i can't help but only think about you. about us.
not our relationship but our friendship.

when we were in school, we were sat next to each other in maths. we never spoke but within a few months people would glare and the teacher would snap his fingers at the two of us to shut up.

we used to call everyday. learning new things about each other. having things to talk about.

the first time we texted. i wasn't uncomfortable. it wasn't awkward. it was a safe place to talk to the person who was soon to be my favourite person and mean more to me than i could ever comprehend.

the way we used to never touch. then, we were playfully kicking the others foot under the table, hugging, holding hands, cuddling, anything at any second we got. even before we started dating.

we used to be school friends. then we were friends. then best friends. then best best friends and each others favourite person. now, we're dating.

i'm thankful for you. everything you've done for me. and i hope someday i can repay you for all that. you deserve everything. everything good. i love you.

i lift my pen off the page and put my diary down.

a few minutes later, chris gets off his chair and lays down on his bed next to me.

he pulls me closer to him by my waist, i lay my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his middle.

he starts to rub my back up and down.

a content sigh leaves my mouth.

"you okay?" chris asks.

"i'm perfect" and with that, i fall asleep in his arms.