👑𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1👑

Cheering and trumpets erupted from the center of the kingdom. There was a royal parade taking place to celebrate the Prince, Luke's, new engagement.

It was extravagant, there were trumpets and drums in the marching band, performers, and more over, the whole kingdom had missed a valuable day of labour to attend this event.

The king, queen and Luke's fiancé, Princess Nevah, sat in the chariot waving to everyone. Luke was sitting across from them, completely and utterly bored out of his mind. He didn't care for the engagement.

If anything, he found this wrong. He looked around, at the run down dirty houses with thatched roofs. The faces of the towns folk mostly covered in dirt if they were the poorest of the poor.

There were so many different social classes. But they were all almost the same until it came to nobles and royals.

Poorest of the poor.

Poor.

Middle class.

Noble.

Royalty.

That was it. Middle class, it wasn't in the middle, it was just barely getting by. Poor was just the same as 'Poorest of the poor' with the exception they have the ability to get enough water to actually bathe. While poorest of the poor, cannot. Of course, it was Luke's parents to come up with these degrading names for the social classes.

Luke hated it. It was so, so wrong. All the useless things his family bought and imported, like a stupid statue for millions upon millions of money. Only for the tiny statue to rot away in the storage room. That money, it could've went towards the people. But it didn't.

His parents were nothing but selfish. They were lazy and unbothered, unfit to rule a kingdom. Yet they had done, for decades, and it was their reign that was the downfall of the kingdom.

As the chariot stopped and his parents and completely unwanted fiancé stepped out to speak to the crowd, Luke took it as a chance to slip away.

He walked through the town, none of these houses, stores or anything had doors. Simply just an old ragged curtain. The windows were iron bars, and from what he had heard if they got too cold in the night they'd have to put a big wooden block infront of the window, not that it would change anything, as they still, did not own a door.

All of these houses were only one single room. He could see in to some houses who had left the curtain open, most houses only had a singular dirty mattress, a wooden tub and a fire place. Nothing more. The ground was simply just dirt.

As he was walking, he heard movement, a faint whirring. He looked around until his eyes landed on a shack, the walls only being curtains this time, held up by large wooden sticks. It must be a store.

Luke walked over and pulled back the curtain.

There he saw a boy, with very oddly coloured hair, sitting down at a potters wheel as he delicately molded the clay infront of him. He seemed very concentrated.

Luke looked around the shack, he saw lots of pots, jugs, plates, bowls, cups everything laid out on the floor ontop of a dirty piece of wood, seemingly found somewhere in the woods. Luke visibly cringed a little, feeling ashamed at the poverty his family lead these people into.

The boy stopped the wheel as he let out a sigh. Manually turning the wheel with his hand, seemingly checking over the pot.

"Uhm.. Excuse me..?" Luke started, standing by one of the many entrances.

"How may I-" The boy looked up, almost immediately falling silent.

He looked.. nice. His unique hair and eye colour stood out to him, he visibly had fair skin. How attractive.

However, the boy just scoffed.

"What? Do you not have that extravagant parade thing? Don't tell me you're waltzing about after spending so much money on that meaningless parade? Do you even care about it? WE could've used that money for real problems. And here you are, straying from the event, just to do what? Lock up anyone who couldn't find the time of day to support a bunch of arrogant assholes? Lock me up then, I'm not coming."

He said as he started up the wheel again and continued his craft... how rude. Though.. he does get his point.

"What are you making?" Luke asked.

"Shockingly, you don't just put in an order for things and they come, someone has to make them. I am making a vase. Currently my only way of making my family actually cling to survival."

"..I see- It looks lovely!"

"Now I want to destroy it. Unless you're willing to lay down another 50 million on a useless craft. Then be my guest, could use the money, and you guys just love throwing it around."

"..Has anyone ever told you that you have a sharp tongue..?"

"Has anyone ever told you your family aren't divine vessels?"

"No-?"

"There's your answer."

"I'm only trying to talk to you?"

"And I'm only trying to work my ass off for hours on end to only receive  the short end of the stick."

"Righttttt- what social class are you..-?"

"Oh yeah no! I'm absolutely noble! Just kidding, don't execute me for joking. I'm poor. Why do you even have to know?"

"Oh-.. Atleast you're not the poorest class?"

Zander just stopped the wheel and glared at him.

...Luke took that as a good time to leave.

~~~~~

Zander is not too fond of his future boyfriend🙁