𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 4: 𝚄𝚗𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛

I honestly thought I wasn't going to add any more carts to this piece to this book, but here we are. This short story was more of a visual piece. We were given an image and were supposed to build a story around it.... here's my take.

~

I woke up, yawing widely, taking in a breath of cold air while arching my back in a stretch

Cold air? That's unusual, I thought. The human didn't keep his fan on for so long in the mornings because he'd be in school. I'd be left at home, in his room sound asleep on the bed like I am now.

I started to feel around the bed, for a warm spot on the blanket to shift over to, but strangely enough, I couldn't feel it. Even the bed didn't feel how it should. It was all hard, pointy, crunchy, and cold, and not soft, bouncy, and warm.

I peeked sleepily through my eyes, seeing way greener colours than I was supposed to, before rolling onto my left side to resume my nap.

My eyes snapped back open, and I jumped up on all fours in a scared, protective stance. I wasn't at home in bed.

Looking around, I noticed the large number of trees, plants and grass I was surrounded by. The trees were tall, leafy and had slender white trunks. I could hear birds, faintly, flying overhead...but apart from that I couldn't sense anything or anyone around me and seemed like I was on my own, in what appeared to be a forest.

Did this mean that I didn't make it back home yesterday?

After I was chased from the front porch at home by the large pack of stray dogs, you're telling me that Conan didn't even come looking for me? Some guardian he was.

If I get back home safely, I'll make sure to purposely scatter my litter tray all over the living room as revenge. Probably I'll even—

A loud 'Clunk' sounded from beneath me and I sprung off the object I sat on at a lightning-fast speed, my white paws digging into the earthy dirt I landed in. The bell, on the collar around my neck, jingled wildly.

I stared at the object wide-eyed thinking of danger, only to see a rusty red, broken-down car—as the humans called it—that had leaves coating the hood on which I must've been sleeping. One of the doors was slightly opened and no glass windows were present.

After staring it down, making sure the car wasn't going to eat me, I looked around my surroundings, deciding to start on my way home and not because I wanted to...it's because I was hungry.

I only hoped the first thing Conan and his mother would greet me with if I returned home, was a big bowl of tuna for his "sweet kitty Itzy" instead of a hug...Or I'd scratch his face again.

~

word count 442