Chapter 1

Life's full of ups and downs, mine is no different. However, I got the chance to get my dream life in two weeks. Let's see how that went.

❤️

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can go through this relationship much longer," My now ex, told me.

"So what you're saying is... you're breaking up with me?" I questioned.

"Kind of, sorry..." He replied.

They rubbed the back of their neck bashfully, thinking they were breaking my heart, but they weren't doing any damage whatsoever. I looked out onto the busy street: The sun shining down, the people walking by, the clear river that ran through the city then looked at my ex with a bleak smile.

"It's ok, it's not the first time this has happened to me," I said.

This has happened more than I'd care to admit.

"So... We're cool?" He asked, worry in his voice.

"Yeah, of course," I said while making a gesture in a way of saying "No problem".

"Ok," He replied and let out a sigh of relief it looked like, then continued to speak.

"Well in that case, can we cut this short?" He asked.

"Sure"

"Thanks, the awkwardness is a tiny bit suffocating."

"Makes sense."

We both got up and said goodbye to the waitress, then parted ways outside the café. I walked the bustling streets, avoiding people and enjoying the weather. There was barely any damage done to my heart, the reason being because I'm used to it.

That was probably the third one this past month and a half. Normally my relationships don't last longer than 2 weeks, but when they do, it's rare. It feels like a broken curse. A curse is supposed to be bad in some way, and mine is the fact that barely anyone finds me interesting for more than 2 weeks; however, it's broken because I'm completely used to it, it's happened for so long.

I made my way home, watching people pass by me on the street. I finally got back home to my humble abode and went through the routine I made for myself of changing into something more comfy and thinking about what to do while watching TV.

❤️

The next day I went to work: a small corner store 2 blocks away from my house. I walked into the place and got ready for the day, then went back up front when my coworker, Renjun walked in.

"Hey Jaemin" He called out.

I looked in his direction and replied with a simple wave as he went to the back to get ready himself.

"Hey, how was your afternoon out with that guy yesterday?" He yelled from the back, then came up front to hear my answer.

"Not very well, they broke up with me," I explained and his face winced.

"Ouch, how many has that been?" He asked.

"At least 3," I replied.

Renjun stared into the distance for a moment, thinking of a way to respond.

"Maybe take a break from finding a significant other for now, 'cause it's clearly not working out at the moment. Just saying." He suggested.

"Yeah, I might do that, even though what used to hurt then doesn't now" I replied

Silence filled the space as I looked at my watch, realizing it was time to open.

"We should probably open now, " I clarified to my short friend and he checked his phone before flipping on the iconic red and blue sign.