Arc 1: ORDER #2

CHAPTER 12: Giving Full Account

Shen Yi glanced at the mint leaves that had been made bald by the goat surnamed Gu, then chased after him.

____

The barbarians have mustered up all their strength, have gathered all the Heavy Armors they have in possession to launch a surprise attack on Yanhui town; it could be even said that they have risked their old lives for this. The Heavy Armor forces that even Great Liang struggled to support, imagine what this concept would be like to the Man’s Eighteen Tribes?

Perhaps even after ‘wringing out the grease’ would still be far from enough, they must scrape down to the bone and marrow thrice.

Naturally, as their race was one that grew up sharing the same nest with wolves, they were well-versed in the arts of combat. Considering their long-planning and Heavy Armored forces, as expected, they should be invincible.

Unfortunately, they clashed against the Black Iron Camp.

The Black Eagle took back control of the Giant Kite, and Dark Armors captured the Barbarian Prince alive. Under the acquiescence of Gu Yun, they have slain all the remaining fallen forces in the city. The sun has not gone down and yet, the battle was already over.

Still not done, after Gu Yun has finished handling foreign enemies, with the speed of lightning, he immediately turned his forces over to his own side. As the name of the renowned Black Iron Camp was still striking fear in the hearts of many, he had arrested all the military personnel of Yanhui town and Chang Yang gate from big to small: there were more than sixty people in total from the first line of the Northern border.

There was no discussion of right or wrong, they were immediately put under imprisonment waiting for trial. The people of the Northern Frontier were momentarily in a state of fear.

Chang Geng and Ge Ban Xiao were temporarily arranged in the house of Yanhui Town’s Governor, Master Guo. Master Guo was quivering as he saw Gu Yun, fearing that he’d be implicated.

Only after hearing the order of taking care of the little Prince that he knew he had escaped. He really did not dare to neglect; he had sent two rows of servants to line up in front of the quarters Chang Geng was staying in to listen to his every call, the only thing missing was for him to come over himself to serve the tea and pour the water.

Thanks to Chang Geng, Ge Ban Xiao got to enjoy the royal courtesy.

When the little meatball calmed down after the chaos, upon realizing that his home and family were now destroyed, he immediately broke down in tears. Halfway through crying he suddenly remembered that Chang Geng was just like him. He was all alone, even though he still had his yifu as a relative, but Uncle Shiliu was nowhere to be seen and he didn’t come by once to visit. Misery loves company, he couldn’t help but feel sympathy and was embarrassed to make a ruckus in front of Chang Geng.

But without crying, there was nothing else for him to do. Ge Ban Xiao counted his fingers trying to make clear of everything in this situation, but eventually, he gave up. This was all too complicated for him, his thoughts ended up in a mess no matter how he tried. He asked Chang Geng: “Big brother, they said your father is the Emperor, does that mean Auntie Xiu is the Empress?”

Chang Geng was holding half a Xiu zhong si in his hand. When he saved Ge Ban Xiao, he had shot out one of the Xiu zhong si in the iron wristband, then he secretly took it back when they cleaned up the battlefield.

As for anything created from metal, sharp and durable were difficult to coexist. The Xiu zhong si, although it could cut through iron with ease, it was not very durable and strong: the tip has been folded when it hit the barbarian’s Heavy Armor, the hot Ziliujin had melted a corner of it. Even the blade was gone. It was now only a bare and dark piece of metal.