Arc 1: ORDER #3

CHAPTER 13: Begging For Forgiveness

This man surnamed Gu might think that he was coming to apologize, but unfortunately, no matter how one would look at it, it appeared as if he came especially to pick a fight.

Gu Yun actually stayed right next door to Chang Geng, but unlike Chang Geng’s place, the place where he settled seemed quite cold.

If Chang Geng said ‘No need to serve’, Governor Guo would surely and shamelessly praise ‘His Royal Highness’ heart goes out to the people’, then proceed to send over dozens of servants.

However, even if he acquired an enormous sack of courage, Master Guo would still not dare to speak of a single flattering word in front of Marshal Gu.

Gu Yun casually sent out an order of ‘Don’t come to bother’ where he lived. Except for the scary Black Iron Camp soldiers, no one dared to come in for even half a step.

In situations where he could not see well and could not hear, Gu Yun would become extremely agitated and tense, and would especially hate having unfamiliar people hovering about.

Shen Yi had not seen him so rigid in a very long time, as if every tree and bush was an enemy soldier. He had thought that perhaps by hiding away in the small town of Yanhui for two years, Gu Yun had learned how to peacefully coexist with this vague concept of common life. But it seemed to be impossible after all.

The one who learned to live in peace was just ‘Shen Shiliu’ alone, not Gu Yun.

In fact, Gu Yun, this person, although he usually bore the demeanor of confidence and calmness, truth was, eight to nine parts of it were false, but his acting was simply too real that no one could see through them.

At the same time, although his blindness and deafness were all real, they seemed like just an act.

From this point of view, Marshal Gu had set an example upon himself to embody the saying ‘true could be false, false could be true’. Shen Yi did not know whether he was really missing something inside, or if it was intentional.

Ah yes, his heart was also sincere and genuine, but it seemed that not many people were convinced either.

Near the evening, when the night had just started to fall and the twilight stars had not yet revealed themselves, the first thing Gu Yun did after returning to his chamber was to turn on all the lights.

Then he took off the Liuli Glass, rubbed his eyes hard, and said to Shen Yi: “Get me my medicine.”

Shen Yi was a refined and mannered broken mouth. Apart from fighting in battles, his side job was to ramble; he went on with practiced ease: “Grand Marshal, thirty percent of the medicine was still poison. When in no extreme emergency, I believe you should drink as little as possible...”

Gu Yun stood under the lamp with his expression remaining unchanged, his gaze was a bit dazed and he did not respond.

Shen Yi closed his mouth — he remembered, at this distance, Gu Yun cannot hear him.

Gu Yun’s deafness was a trick to restrain all the broken mouths. One hit was sure to kill, all these years it had never failed once. Shen Yi had to silently turn around, and go to the kitchen to brew the medicine.