Arc 4: DRAGON THREAT #9

CHAPTER 35: Troubled Heart

____

He thought that he could no longer stay in the manor, or beside Gu Yun.

____

Gu Yun deliberately tried to steady his breathing, but in the end, his body would continue to tremble involuntarily after each intake of breath. Just now as he stood tall like a mast, the others weren’t able to detect it. But as Chang Geng was holding him right now, he felt some kind of severe pain was about to tear its way from inside his body.

Gu Yun gently panted for a while, a hard to detect wrinkle forming between his brows. He casually smiled at Chang Geng while lying: “Now, now, just a Dong Ying person, let me pet you, no need to be scared – Don’t hold me so tight.”

Chang Geng: “...”

He felt pained and an urge to kill him at the same time.

Gu Yun supported himself using the scabbard of the Dong Ying blade, standing up once again. The blue blood vessels were visible from the back of his pale hand, appearing as if they could break out from under his skin.

In the bowl of wine Chen Qing Xu gave to him contained his usual medicine, Gu Yun could instantly tell with one sniff. He hesitated between ‘blind and deaf’ and ‘intense headache, but could see clearly’ — of course, the latter option was chosen.

In fact, it won’t be a problem even if he did not take the medicine. After all, Gu Yun did not know in advance that the ‘musician’ of Lin Yuan Pavilion was actually the granddaughter of Doctor Chen, but when the bowl of medicine was brought in front of him, he could not overcome the desire to regain control in his bones.

Gu Yun could admit that Shen Yi was right, he knew that one day, he must learn to live in peace with this broken body, but understanding it was one thing, Gu Yun still wasn’t able to put it in practice just yet.

Even if he knew that without relying on sight and hearing, he could still live without any obstacles. Even if he understood in his heart that with any kind of illness, once accustomed to it, it would no longer be considered as an illness.

However, for this reason, the old Marquis had deprived him of his most carefree years in his childhood. Although times had pa.s.sed and things had changed, this old grudge still remained difficult to fade away.

Such difficulty could slowly be resolved, and wait for time to answer it all — in fact, in the past few years, as he learned to live well together with Chang Geng, Gu Yun’s grudges against the previous generation have melted away by a lot, although he certainly would not treat Chang Geng as harshly as the old Marquis did, but he could gradually understand a father’s heart of the old Marquis that time.

All hatred and resentment in the world, for the major part, could be resolved by trying to forget, the other was to put yourself in their position to strive for a mutual understanding.

Chang Geng gritted his teeth: “No.”

Not only did he not let go, he even tightened his hold, sticking to him with all he had, almost appearing as if he was forcing himself closer to Gu Yun and moved inside the cabin.

Gu Yun said: “How did you invent a new way of acting spoiled?”

Chang Geng turned the other’s words around as a mockery: “I was scared to death by Dong Ying people.”

Gu Yun: “...”

Chang Geng thought to himself: “Stay calm, stay calm.”

He desperately willed himself to calm down, adjusting a relatively comfortable posture for Gu Yun.