Chapter 1 part 2

[Location: Gymnasium]
[Yu pov]

After that particularly memorable encounter. I went to the gymnasium to attend the opening ceremony.

'Hmm... The arrangement of the students are a bit strange.' Noticing the arrangement and the demeanor of the students in each line, I began to question it's strangeness, internally.

*All please pay attention, the student council president will make his opening remarks.*

"Thank you for the introduction. I am Manabu Horikita. First years, as the senior representative and the student council president, I extend a warm welcome to you all. As you are all aware, our school is highly accomplished, and boasts a high employment rate and a guaranteed college entry. This is our school's pride, that has been accomplished by those that graduated, and those that are still attending. As fellow students of this institution, we expect the same level of commitment... "

As the student council president kept talking, I kept myself busy with glancing at my fellow students. 'They sure are interesting.'

From the line right next to our class, I saw a cheerful girl with strawberry blonde hair, that seems to be already making a lot of friends.

On the second to the last line, I saw a majenta haired guy that already established his leadership among his class.

On the last line, I saw... a bored looking guy that has a weak presence, there is something strange about him... 'That guy is interesting.' I truly thought so, considering-

"... That is all from me, I bid you all a good day."

clap! clap! clap!

My thoughts were interrupted by the applause that came after the student council president finished his speech.

'I guess we should be going to our classrooms now...' I stopped my glance at the bored looking guy, and faced forward again. I was already preparing to go out of the gym and follow my classmates but...

*All students, please pay attention. The Chairman will be making the closing remarks.*

"Hello, students. I am the Chairman of this school."

I stopped my urge for leaving, and decided to give my attention to the Chairman. 'Hm? Is it normal for the Chairman of a school to make the closing remarks for the opening ceremony?'

"As the student council president has just stated, this is a school striving for excellence. We expect great things from you all. Although the rules of this school might be a bit strict, rest assured that we will take care of our students as long as they are inside this institution."

I listened to the Chairman's speech and found his wording strange. 'The way he emphasized "students" are a bit concerning... Not to mention being "inside" the institution...'

"... With that said. I won't be taking too much of your time. I would like to end this speech in a good note. To all our first years, Those who strive will be rewarded. That is all. Have a pleasant morning everyone."

clap! clap! clap! clap!

'Those who strive will be rewarded huh...' I thought so, mentally going over what those words could entail.

Chapter 1 part 2 end