Epilogue

His P.O.V

I am holding her hand right now.

This feels wrong but here I am, visiting her every single day but she still doesn't wake up.

My heart feels heavy. Only if I knew what she was suffering from, I wouldn't have let her go home that time on her own. She ended up collapsing and there's no one that can help her that time.

It's been two months since Ely was found unconscious on the bathroom's floor by me and she's still not waking up till now.

And Avy, she's still under the care of the hospital because she still doesn't have a heart donor.

I don't know what to do anymore. Two of my most valued girls were at stake and I can't do anything to make them feel better.

Avy would sometimes visit here and we were both waiting for Ely to wake up but almost two months now, she still hasn't given us a sign that she'll wake up.

Doctor Rivero already told us about her condition and I'm full of regret dahil sa mga nagawa at nasabi ko kay Ely. She doesn't deserve those words.

I am a man yet I hurt her. I should've known better.

Nakahawak parin ako sa kamay ni Ely habang nakayuko at nakaupo sa gilid niya at hinihintay ang paggising niya nang biglang gumalaw ang kamay niyang hinahawakan ko.

I thought I was hallucinating but when I looked at her, her eye lids are starting to blink while closed and her eyeballs were moving. So I called the doctor Rivero.

Pero bago pa man dumating ang mga doktor ay nagising na ng tuluyan si Ely.

"L-liv," utal at pabulong na usal ni Ely.

Probably because her throat is dry but I'm so glad she's now awake. I called tita and tito and I informed them that Ely is already awake.

Doc Rivero entered the room with three nurses and examined Ely before he looked at me.

"She's now fully awake. But," he paused at alam kong nagdadalawang-isip siya kung sasabihin niya ba sa'kin but he ended up doing it. "... she won't last long, Lance. Three days remaining." He said.

He also said that it's already too late for a treatment so we can't do anything about sa kalagayan ni  Ely.

After the doctor left, Ely spoke that made me alert.

"T-tubig," i immediately gave her a bottle of water and lifted her bed to let her drink.

Minutes later and tita and tito arrived to visit Ely but left immediately dahil may business pa sila. I'm really disappointed at them because they really failed to be a parent for Ely.

"Ilang a-araw akong t-tulog?" She asked in a dry tone.

"Not days, Ely," she looked at me with a questioning look so I continued. "... you're asleep for almost two months."

She nodded and stared at nowhere lifelessly before looking at her hand. Where our ring was.

"Hindi natuloy, tulog ka eh. Mahimbing." I said.

I don't know but I really feel pity towards our situation.

"It's near." She said that made my heart clenched.

It hurts seeing your friend suffer from something and you can't do anything else to make them feel better. It's even more pathetic that two of my friends, bestfriends were in critical condition.

"I just have one wish." She said and I listened.

"Ely, we should be at the hospital, b-baka magawan pa ng paraan ang--"