two - the texts

For the next month, Amelia's life came back to normal. Once in awhile her father demanded her presence at an event, she went out and, occasionally, she enjoyed the company of a one night stand. However, none of those made her feel anything romantic. Not since she had gotten her heart broken a few years back.

The only thing different was her new friendship with Kika. Since that party in Monaco a month ago, they never stopped texting and, sometimes, FaceTiming each other. This made Amelia realize how lonely she felt. For a big part of her life, she was homeschooled, until highschool when she begged her parents to let her go to an actual school, so that she could make friends. Quickly she realized that no one wanted to actually be her friend, they just liked that she was a Princess. With Kika, it was different. She wasn't like that. She genuinely liked Amelia, cared for her and understood her.

One night, she was in her bedroom FaceTiming Kika.

"So," Kika starts and Amelia notices how she's hesitant to say what she wants to say. "I need to tell you something, but I don't know if you want me to tell you because I know you don't like him."

"You can't start like that and not say it. Spill it."

"You know how I've been to the Spanish and the Austrian races, right?" Kika asks, and Amelia nods. "I heard, in both those weekends, very interesting conversations."

Amelia waits for Kika to continue, but she doesn't.

"Come on Kika, don't be dramatic!" Amelia says laughing.

"In Spain, I heard Max asking Charles if you were coming and then getting very disappointed when Charles said no. In Austria, I heard him asking Charles for your number." Kika finally says. Amelia doesn't even know what to say.

"Are you sure you heard it right?" She asks after a moment.

"It wasn't very hard to hear, I was in the same room." Kika says laughing. "Look, Charles didn't gave him your number, but you can always ask for his."

"I'm really, really not interested. He was pretty rude last time."

"Amelia, I swear I'm not justifying any of his actions, but he was probably drunk. He probably doesn't even remember being a dick to you." Kika says.

"That doesn't change my opinion about him." Amelia says, laying back on her bed.

"Ok, I won't bother you with this anymore." Kika says and Amelia laughs a little. "I'm going to their next race, in Silverstone. Why don't you come? Not for Max, but for me!"

Amelia smiles at that. It really feels good to have a girl friend.

"Yeah, maybe I'll go. I don't think I have anything to do and I haven't been in England in a long time." Amelia says and Kika screams.

"Good! I miss you!" Kika says. They talk for a little longer and then they both hang up.

Amelia stays there, looking at her bedroom ceiling, considering what Kika said about Max. She can't help but feel intrigued about this boy. Why was he so condescending to her and then ask for her number?

She picks up her phone.

Amelia adds Max's number to her contacts and, after a few long minutes, she finally texts him

She smiles at her phone, and they end up texting all night

———————

Hey guuuuys! These chapters will be short, but I will try to post often. I hope you guys are enjoying this, because I really love this story :)

xoxo