ten - the dutch grand prix

I open my eyes and feel Max's arms holding me close to him, as they have all night. I kiss his neck and inhale his scent, getting closer to him even though there's no way I could be closer.

There's faint light coming in through the window and I can hear some light rain. I try to move a little so I can check the time on my phone and when I see it's nearly 9, I try to wake Max up.

"Hmm," He says when he hears me calling his name. I start kissing his face and he smiles, finally opening his eyes.

"You have to wake up Max, or you'll be late for qualifying," I say kissing his jaw and his neck. His arms tighten around me and he pulls me on top of him.

"If you keep doing that, I'll have to take the day off," He says and I smile against his lips, as he kisses me.

"Come on, go get ready," It takes a lot in me to stop kissing him and get back on my side of the bed. He grunts, but gets up and goes to the bathroom, where I hear the shower turning on. I close my eyes again, nestling against the sheets for just a little bit longer. That doesn't last long because my phone starts ringing. I sigh as I see who's calling me.

"Good morning, dad," I say, my free hand already rubbing my temple.

"Good morning, Amelia. Where are you right now?" He asks.

"I'm in the Netherlands . Do you need me for something?"

"I do. Can you be in Monaco today? As soon as you can," He says and I sigh again.

"Yes, I'll be there," I say and sit on the bed, no longer wanting to sleep a little bit longer.

"All right," He says and hangs up. Always a pleasure talking to my dad.

Max leaves the bathroom with only a towel around his waist and if my mood hadn't been ruined, I would have teased him and made it even harder for him to leave this room, but now I don't even feel like doing that.

"Who were you talking to?" He asks, looking for something in his suitcase.

"My dad. I have to be in Monaco today," I say, watching the muscles on his back moving with each movement he makes. Maybe my mood isn't that ruined after all. I get up and lean against the table we have in the corner of the room.

"You'll take my jet," He says and comes closer, putting his hands in each side of me in the table, locking me in place. My hands instantly go to his hair and I feel like there's a game between us, of you will give in first.

His lips go to my ear, "I'm going to miss you."

He kisses his way to my lips, but never actually kisses me there. My hand goes to the towel around him and in a second, it's on the floor.

"Ups," I say innocently and I smile when he sits me on the table and finally crashes our lips.

~~~~

I left for the airport after the qualifying was done. I'm not sure I'll see the race tomorrow, so I wanted to at least see Max's qualifying. When I step out of the car in front of my childhood home, the sun is about to set and there's a nice breeze taking away the summer heat.

I climb up the steps leading to the door where someone is waiting for me, and he escorts me to my father's study. As we're approaching it, I have a really bad feeling in my gut about this. In the phone call, he didn't say I had to come because of an event or a dinner, he just said I had to come. And now come to think of it, I should have asked why.

The man knocks on the door and after my father says a 'come in', I do closing the door behind me. He's sitting in his chair, some papers spread in front of him.