Prologue

Prologue  

Petalion. That is where our story begins. A large region, bordered by Minolian and Serecnoir, these lands as well as Carliosian and Fiornia are spread out over the vast country of Scotania. As well as many good resources, these lands had many different people. Each of them are shared by different beings and kept peacefully in order by both the Official Council and Ski.

To break it down, the Official Council is a group of five leaders from each region, who are hired to keep order in the communities that are beyond citizen control. When the Council cannot keep control, they beg the help of Ski.

Ski is the Goddess of all things that every person of Scotania knows. She is the savior for most of them, or so they believe. Her job was to bring peace and protect those who looked to her for answers. She answered the prayers of those who knew what they needed. To pray for a want, in most peoples' eyes, was unreasonable. For all Ski had given them, praying for a want was ungrateful. So, most people appreciated what they had and thought nothing more of it.

Now, for a story to be told there must be a reason to begin it. A long time ago, in the Fiornia region, there was a city built. Not an ordinary city, but one built for evil. It was built by a man named Sincoi, and his wife Briathia. They built their city in and around a mountain, and named it Giractor. There was a circle of mountains that contained Giractor and also around the cliffs was a large forest, in which lingered thousands of Kiros, creatures who had sinned in former life and had been eternally damned to a life on land. The trick part of it was that it was truly a second chance. Ski had made it so they could die again after being sentenced to a cursed life among the living, but if they died again, they would go straight to hell and there, they would forever be condemned. So, Sincoi and Briathia took them into their city, keeping them as guards and slaves both. The reason for the story to begin lies in Sincoi's mind. He had the thought that Ski was evil. Evil enough that all of those who worshipped her were sinners and ought to be punished by the highest sentence that can be given- death. So, he began to work on an army. It took him a decade to complete it, but he did succeed. When he finished, he marched his army against the people of Scotania, destroying everyone and anyone who stood in his way. When he reached the well-known Kingdom of Latkisaë, there was another force ready to take him. There, the Freedom Battle took place. Lasting for three days, over eight thousand Scotanian warriors were killed. However, Sincoi's army was defeated. For almost two decades afterwards, there was peace. But not for long.

Sincoi had reached an old age, and he was ready to pass away. He was maddened at the fact that he had not succeeded in his mission and he saw only one chance to finish it- his son, Minorus.

Minorus was sixteen years old when his father passed. He had no remorse for his father's pain at all. He believed that was Sincoi was doing was wrong. But Sincoi didn't see that as a good thing. When he passed, his spirit possessed his son's body. As soon as that happened, Minorus began to build up his father's army again. It took another decade to complete it, but it was done. Minorus began the charge again, but was defeated once more at the Kingdom of Latkisaë. After that, Minorus sat in hiding for twelve years, plotting, practicing magic and planning the biggest attack Scotania would ever see.

By the time he had begun his reign of terror, People had thought everything was over. Everyone, including Siara, who was nineteen years old and who never knew that her life would soon turn into a battle field. She would change as would her outlook on everything she ever knew.