Chapter 4

After her tears had run out and Skylone’s shirt was soaked through, Siara sat up and sniffed. “I’m sorry.”

  “Don’t be. I know what it’s like to lose everything.”

  She looked at him and he smiled back at her grimly “You and I survived. Something is meant to happen, and with you, it has begun.”

  Siara turned her body so her legs fell over the side of the bed. “How long was I asleep?” she asked, deliberately changing topic.

  “Almost two days.”

  The fact hit her with an odd zing. “Two days? That can’t be right.”

  “Visions do that. It is said that the longest a Human has endured a vision after-effect was almost a month. By then, it was obviously too late to stop whatever they had seen, but it still showed us what visions can do.”

  Siara sighed. “I suppose there’s nothing I can do now.”

  “But there is. Join The Seven. You can help this world.”

  “I don’t know about me. I don’t think I can do anything.”

  Skylone took Siara’s hand and squeezed it. “You would be surprised at what you can do.”

  She smiled at him. “So, tell me more about this ceremony,” she said, trying to look slightly happy and somewhat less terrified.

  “Well, it will take place here,” Skylone explained. “They will call up each individual to the front and once everyone is given their pendant, we will be given our weapon of choice.”

  “Wait…they given everyone a pendant? But we already have ours.”

  “Yes, we do. They keep five of them here. Two of them were never returned. You and I carry the missing ones, and Ski will send the five others. She chooses The Seven, it isn’t in our hands. Obviously, you and I are the first chosen ones.”

  “So you’ll be there the entire time?”

  Skylone looked out the windows grimly. “I can’t promise that I will be there the entire time, but I will fight by your side as long as I can.”

  His last comment gave Siara a boost of confidence. Maybe, with Skylone at her side, it would not be too bad. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and he seemed like the kind of person you would want in a complicated situation- smart, quick and flawless.

  “I suppose I could be content with that,” she smiled weakly.

  A soft knock came from the door and Eris appeared. “Siara?” she asked. “Are you feeling better?”

  She nodded. “Much better.”

  “Skylone, may I talk to her for a moment?”

  There was something wrong about Eris’s voice. It was too sweet, too fake. And overall, it was much too dark. Skylone looked quickly at Siara, and then kissed her cheek. “Until we meet again, my lady.”

  Skylone stood up and made his way out of the room, without giving Eris a glace. Once he was gone, Eris shut the door softly. Then, as if a storm had struck, her rage hit Siara like a lightning bolt. “You think you are so clever,” she sneered. “You think you have them all believing that you are someone special, someone who deserves to be showered upon with greatness.”

  Eris was by her beside in an instant. “You are nothing here. I know it, Ski knows it and Skylone knows it.”

  Something at Siara’s heart tugged at the mention of Skylone’s name. Eris obviously saw it in her eyes and pushed her hard so she almost fell of the bed. “You think he cares for you?  You think that he thinks you’re special? You’re wrong!” she snapped. “He is mine and I am his, and you are not to intrude. If I ever see you play any games with him, I will make sure you learn a lesson.”