Her -1

"The sun watches what I do,
but the moon knows all my secrets"
- J.M Wonderland

Elena Allen. Commonly known as "Echo" by her family and friends was seen as a "normal" woman. She had a job designing merchandise for popular bands and other companies.

She was known for her light silver/white dyed hair, her attention to detail and her secretive personality. Echo had a lot of secrets especially about her past but her friends didn't care about that, even though they all had their theories and ideas about her past they just cared about her as a person.

She was the one they all went to confide in and share their secrets with, knowing she would never judge them. Echo had a lot to deal with herself but she made sure to be there for her friends.

She was like a mother in a sense. Always cared, there for you to talk to, made sure you were okay even at all hours of the night. She was quick to judge, but never her friends unless they were doing something stupid, she always expressed her feelings, thoughts and ideas. But never her secrets or her emotions.

Echo had a very large secret that very few people knew about, not even her closest friends knew about it. It wasn't a bad thing but it could cause some problems especially within the friend group.

Echo never let anyone see her falter, especially with her emotions. That was the one thing the hated the most besides keeping this secret. She hated showing her true emotions, letting people see her at her most vulnerable, anxious, frustrated...afraid.

The one thing she hated more than people seeing her at her most vulnerable was people lying and the fact that she was basically lying to everyone she loved made her hate herself. She hated herself because of this secret...because of this lie.

But she knew if anyone found out she would lose the thing she loved the most, the thing that kept her sane when she wasn't with her friends. Music. No one knew how much she loved writing and making music. It was her escape. She put on a mask and told the world her feelings without being judged because no one knew who she was.

She never shared her name or face while on stage. She always wore a mask, she got the idea from a band that was also unknown but had a name.
"Sleep token." She contacted their manager and asked if it was okay to use a similar concept with her own music and they said it was fine.

Her mask was a full faced masquerade mask with intricate details. It was a see through mask but hid the more prominent details of her face. So when she wore the mask she painted her face. Half white and Half black to contrast the mask that was on her face, but hide who she was. She also painted her body white, with intricate line details of black, gold and silver. Details that were only painted on the skin that was shown through her clothes. She even wore different kinds of contacts to hide her eyes. Used hair spray to temporally change her hair. Even though lots of fans ended up dying their hair the same shade of silver/white that was still shone in her hair. Making it easier to hide who she was.

When she posted her first single, she was surprised at the amount of attention that came to it. To her. She never posted a name, she just posted the song with the musician name "unknown". She didn't know people would love hearing her stories, her past, her pain and hurt, but they did and they loved her without knowing who she was.

Soon her fan base took it into their own hands and named her "masquerade", the musician without a face, the girl born from pain, the mother.

After that all happened echo decided no one would ever know who she was. No judgment against her. No hate to who she really is. Only masquerade. Her alter ego that was loved and adored. Known for her pain. Even though echo was known for the opposite. Known for hiding her feelings, she was known as an artist for "real" musicians. She loved having an escape but she hated hiding it from the people she loved the most.

Echo knew she couldn't tell anyone, not even her closest friends. Because if she did, her escape, her sanctuary would forever be gone and known to others.

Echo had to made sure her secret was safe. Even if that meant lying to the people the loved the most. And that's what she did.