Chapter 2

Clint's POV:

We all pile into one of Stark's cars and head out.

"How long until we reach the tiny maiden?" Thor says from his tight seat in the back.

"Forty-seven minutes eight seconds, depends on the traffic." Tash says

The air in the car is filled with excitement and worry.

"Guys what do I say to her?" I'm so confused.

"I can't just walk up to her and be like 'Hi I'm your dad that just found out he had you'" I finish

"Clint it'll be fine" Tony says

The rest of the ride is filled with silence and the faint sound of the radio.

......................

"We're here!" Tash shouts.

Tony stops in front of a nice little grey house with a lovely yard.

"You're up man" Tony says giving me a pat on the back.

I get out of the car and walk up to the door. I hesitate a moment before I ring to doorbell. The woman from the video opens the door.

"Hello, my name is Clint... Clint Barton." I say with worry in my voice. What if my kid doesn't like me or doesn't want to come live with me.

She looks at me shocked and steps out onto the little porch.

"You're Ellie's dad aren't you? Where the hell have you been?!" She whisper yells to me.

"To be fair I just learned that I had a kid maybe 3 hours ago"

"And you just got in the car right away and came?" she asked eyeing me.

"I wanted to meet her and take responsibility for her"

"How's it going Clint!" Tony yells from the car and is slapped in the back of the head by Steve.

"Are those the avengers?" She asks

"Yes, they are with me. They're like my family and I'm part of the team. If Ellie came with us they would all protect and love her" I say smiling glancing back to the car.

"Would you like to meet her now?"

I shake my head and nervously enter the house. I shouldn't be nervous, I've taken on an army of aliens! This should be no problem.

"Ellie, Someone's here to see you!" She yells up the stairs.

Suddenly a small girl comes bounding down the stairs towards us.

"Whatcha need Aunty Claire?" she asks looking at me. "Who's this guy"

I take this as my queue to talk.

"My name is Clint Barton, it's nice to meet you" I say hesitantly

Realization strikes on her face as I say my last name.

"Wait Barton! Are you my dad!?!"

I shake my head and all of a sudden I'm engulfed in a hug. I'm surprised at first, but I bent down to her small level and hug her back.

"I thought you'd be mad at me?" I ask

"How could I be mad at you?! I've always wanted to meet you!" She states shocked.

I wipe my eyes a bit from the water. God, I'm suppose to not show emotion and here I am crying.

" Would you like to meet my family?" I ask her

"Do we have a big family?"

"Biggest I've had" I say smiling down at her.

I carry her outside and set her down on the lawn.

"Guys! You can meet her now!" I yell to the car.

They all pile out with smiles on their faces.

"They're all so big" She whispers to me

I chuckle, she's probably looking at Thor and Steve.

They stand in a line waiting to be introduced. I lead her over to the start of the line.

"This is Uncle Tony, Uncle Steve, Uncle Thor, Uncle Bruce, and Aunty Nat"

As I say their names she gives everyone of them a hug. They hug her right back, even Nat after much surprise.

"Hey Ellie, would you like to come live with all of us?" Tony asks what we're all thinking.

"I would love too!!" She screams and jumps into my arms.

I look to her aunt, who has tears in her eyes, and she nods.

"Wait, we forgot to tell Fury!" Steve whisper yells.

"Who's he" Ellie asks.

"He's kinda like your Grandpa and he may look something like a pirate" I say smirking.

"It's fine, I'll take care of it" Tony states

Everyone heads to Ellie's room and helps her pack. It's actually the cutest thing ever. Bruce and I are watching while Thor is grabbing whatever toys she wishes to keep, Steve's folding her clothes and putting them into a suitcase, as her and Nat are picking clothes out of the closet and handing them to Steve. After she's all packed she says goodbye to aunt. Everyone gets into the car, Steve takes shotgun this time. Figuring that I want to sit by Ellie.

"You can come and visit anytime" I say to Claire.

I smile walking to the car. I sit next to Ellie and we start our adventure...