Christmas Memories

You were pretty excited for Petra to see your gift

You were pretty excited for Petra to see your gift. You had been working on it for months.

You knocked on Petra's door at Avengers Tower with Aunt May, waiting for her to open the door.

"Hey, Y/N!" She wrapped her arms around you, engulfing you in a spidery hug.

"I have a gift for you." You revealed to her the box you had hidden behind your back.

The box was about the size and look of a music box.

She carefully took it. "What is it?" You gestured. May asked, "What are we here for?"

"It's a surprise. Open it and find out." She opened the box. A f/c glow spread from the box into a human being.

It took the shape of an older man and a younger couple. Petra's and her aunt's eyes glossed over with tears before she and May hugged the three.

You had created a spell to help Petra see her Uncle Ben, Richard, and Mary.

"But, how?" The two women hugged the departed members of their family hard, afraid to let go. Petra turned to you for answers.

"I found a spell that can temporarily let someone speak to a dead loved one for 10 minutes. So, as a Christmas present, I brought them back so you guys can spend some time together."

You stepped out to give Petra and May time to catch up with their husband/parent/ brother and sister-in-law. After a couple of minutes, Petra opened her door and pulled you back into the room.

There were only 2 minutes left before they had to return to the afterlife. Ben said to Petra and May, "Look after each other, okay."

Ben, Richard, and Mary pulled you into a hug. "Thank you for giving us some time with our family. Please look after Petra for us." They pulled you into a hug again before they disappeared in a flash of light.

When they disappeared, you found yourself in another hug with Petra and May hugging you.

A couple of days later...

You had a knock at your door. You answered, "Come in."

Petra walked in. She and May had spent some time together reminiscing about their family.

"I just wanted to thank you again for the spell." Petra pulled you into a kiss. "It's time for your present."

It was a very Happy Holidays indeed.