C.37

*Jade*

"I don't want you moving out of state with this man Jade. What if this little relationship doesn't last as long as you think? How are you gonna get your ass back home?" My dad fussed.

"I mean.. we were already unsure of him, but honey this is just too much now, don't you think?. Does he want his gifts back? We can always give them back. Is he holding that against you?.." my mom worriedly asked, now making it sound like I was being held captive.

"Did you ever think for one second about if he just got up and left you where you started? Huh?" My dad said, now really showing me how he felt this entire time.

I stared at them with a straight face and crossed arms. They weren't completely right. While Dácio could easily afford another me, I could easily search for another him. He showed me that I was someone so appealing, that others would spend all they had on me.

In their attempt to make me upset, they only fueled my confidence.

I did wonder those questions. All of the time actually, but I also had many delusions that all of a sudden became real.

Whether I was Dácio's last, or him just getting started, my life would go on.

"You're not gonna say anything?" My dad pushed again.

"What is there to say I mean like you said.."didn't stop me from leaving the first time," I sassily remarked before getting up and grabbing our things.

"Hope you guys enjoyed those gifts cause they'll be the last," I kept going, now on my way to grab my master.

"Jade Elise.." my mom said in astonishment.

"I can't keep explaining myself to people who won't listen.." I said back to them as I stepped outside.

I had plans for my own life outside of Dácio as well. My life of luxury lately has allowed me to post about it on social media. My day in a life's, work out routines, get ready with me, and more daily tasks had been getting a lot of attention on tik tok and Instagram lately.

I could pursue influencing, modeling, and almost anything if I kept working on growing my platforms.

I planned on using my own money to give my parents their dream anything, despite them being harsh on me. They would never know that though.. at least for now.

"Hey, are you guys done?" Dácio asked while rising to his feet.

"Yes, can we leave now sir?" I asked, eyes soft as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"What happened baby?"

"I don't wanna talk about it here I just wanna leave, please," I begged.

Dácio debated for a second whether to keep pushing or not, but he sucked it up and agreed.

"Jade I know you're not going to just up and leave again," my mom continued nagging.

My dad on the other hand was sipping on his glass with out a care in the world now. As if he wasn't the man who raised me.

"You're right.. can I have my dog?" I asked nonchalantly.