Chapter 1: Round and Round Arnulf's Grave

⚠️Discussions of WWII, Nazis, suicide, attempted cannibalism⚠️

As Siegfried fluttered his eyes open, he didn't feel like he's in the living world right now.

In a world filled with emptiness, Siegfried came up with an idea to create something using Dream Manipulation, all thanks to the vampire grimoire he had in his bag his father gave him before he fled with his former capital.

Siegfried shut his eyes tightly, immersing himself in a vivid recollection of his past. He recalled an incident from when he was a Hitler Youth member at 10 years old, which resulted in him being sent to the hospital. His father came to check on him. However, upon discovering that his attempts to elicit a response from Siegfried were met with silence, he entered Siegfried's dream.

As Siegfried remembered the default appearance of his father's dream world, the blank void melted into a small space resembling a chapel tinted in red, lacking pew chairs and any means of exit, creating a fittingly eerie atmosphere.

Siegfried opens his eyes once more, feeling pleased at his success at replicating his father's dream world. He started to lift his head and spoke.

"Goddess Europe, is the barrier ready?"

"Yes." A voice from the outside world echoed.

Then a stream of light gracefully cascades down from above on the walls of the chapel.

"Thanks again, Goddess Europe."

After that, he started to survey his surroundings, he noticed that the floor possessed a rugged texture as his bare feet landed on it, and so are the walls. Additionally, three rows of vibrant red stained glass windows adorning each wall with rays of light coming through them.

What truly captivated his attention were the peculiar symbols engraved on each pane of glass. Each symbol consisted of a circle intersected by a cross, accompanied by another circle encompassed with a bolder outline, adorned with eight lines radiating outward. Curiously, one of the "rays" bore a resemblance to a lightning bolt.

On the front is another stained glass window different from the other six, in the circle is his father's sigil, a letter "A" formed in a stylized manner reminiscent of the occult symbols found in grimoires.

Once Siegfried finishes inspecting the surroundings, a ball of white smoke descends from the above right in front of him. Gradually transforming into a figure that bears a striking resemblance to Siegfried himself, the entity's face remains concealed as Siegfried's gaze is not currently directed towards him, with his arms nonchalantly positioned behind his back.

Standing slightly taller than Siegfried, the mysterious figure was donned in a black Homburg hat, beige coat reaching his knees and a black suit hidden beneath it.

Yet, as the figure casually shifted his gaze to the side, Siegfried noticed something off about him.

Those snake eyes.