PROLOGUE

—DAEMON ROLLED AROUND ON THE FLOOR AT VISERYS feet, staggered breath's escaping his lips, for Viserys had beaten his rogue brother as punishment for attempting to seduce his eldest daughter Rhaenyra Targaryen, heir to the Iron Throne. Prince Daemon had risked tarnishing Rhaenyra's reputation on the account of what he claimed to be love and passion. This didn't matter to Viserys, the king believed Daemon was only doing such a thing to get closer to the Iron Throne. However through Visery's rage and senseless beating, there came a saviour.

Naerela Targaryen, Rhaenyra's sister and Viserys second born daughter; The girl admired Daemon, she always had, he was a role model for her, someone she looked up to, though this was much to Viserys trepidation, he didn't want his daughters taking after their uncle, and luckily Naerela hadn't regardless, of her admiration. The second born daughter was known as 'Naerela the gentle' because she was just that. The small folk loved her, for she was nothing like her more violent and powerful ancestors, she was a quiet girl, she didn't involve herself in conflict of any sort, nor did she want anything to do with the succession of the throne. She wasn't greedy or power hungry, and this was what the people truly adored about her.

"Father that is enough." Naerela said as she made her way toward Viserys and Daemon.

"Naerela do not involve yourself in this." Viserys said sternly as he went to kick Daemon again.

The girl put a hand on her fathers shoulder to stop him, "Daemon know's what he did was wrong, beating him further will not teach him a lesson, you know this." She said gently.

Daemon coughed in pain as he pressed a hand to his stomach where he'd been struck, it was terribly bruised, he could feel it.

Naerela moved past her father and offered her hand out to Daemon, "Come Uncle, I have a hot bath prepared for you." She said.

Daemon pushed her hand away, he did not want her help, much to her disappointment. Viserys scowled at Daemon, noticing he had hurt Naerela's feelings by doing so.

"My daughter is going out of her way to help your pathetic self Daemon, do her the courtesy of accepting it before I throw you in the cells." Viserys sneered, dagger gripped tightly in one hand.

Daemon let out another staggered breath before weakly pushing himself off the cold stone floor, allowing Naerela to place one hand on his back to help him walk while the other held his hand. Daemon was still displeased about her help but nonetheless allowed her to guide him. Viserys watched closely as the pair walked out of the throne room, he wouldn't be surprised if Daemon tried to make moves on his second born daughter too, though he'd kill him if he dared. Little did he know Daemon and Naerela had already embraced one another... the night prior.

Daemon had fled from Rhaenyra in the pleasure house after being caught off guard at how confident and dominant the Realms Delight was when participating in sexual acts. The Rogue Prince never had a taste for headstrong and stubborn women, which is exactly why he could never consummate with his wife Lady Rhea or Mysaria, and now Rhaenyra it seemed. Instead after running off from the pleasure house he went to the Red Keep to seek out something to fulfill his desires, he found such in Princess Naerela, who had been sitting on her balcony with Sheepstealer who had been perched on the roof as he was too large to fit on the balcony with her.

"Princess." Daemon had said to get his nieces attention.

Naerela had been surprised to see her uncle in her chambers at such a late hour of the night. She instantly thought something might be wrong and dismissed her dragon so she could allow Daemon some privacy. However she hadn't anticipated him kissing her as soon as she sat down on the bed beside him. What followed after can only be described as hours of pleasure and desire and bliss. The Rogue Prince found bedding his niece was the most enjoyable of pleasures he'd ever experienced; Naerela was submissive, she was more than happy to let Daemon have control, to let him do what he wanted with her, which was exactly what Daemon liked in a woman. She was the perfect woman to bed, a pretty face with a noble family name. She was everything he would want in a wife. It was her first time and the Prince had made sure it the most enjoyable first time one could possibly experience.