I

Time.

A paradox that both frightens and beckons, tempts us with its fleeting nature yet captivates us with its endless possibilities.

We yearn for it to hurry past in moments of pain, to linger in moments of joy, to halt in moments of bliss, and to flow steadily in moments of contentment.

As time, a familiar stranger, continues to unfold, it shows itself as the keeper of secrets, the revealer of truths, and the tender hand that guides us through the ever-changing landscapes of life.

Yet, despite its familiar presence, we never know how it will suture the wounds of tomorrow or unveil the mysteries that lie ahead.

Mataman kong tinititigan ang panghuling tanong sa exam namin.

I read it carefully, feeling the weight of each word as I considered my options.

The question asked about the management of a 48-hour-old infant with physiological jaundice undergoing phototherapy treatment to enhance bilirubin excretion.

The choices were:

A) Keeping the infant snugly wrapped.

B) Placing the infant in a quiet, darkened area.

C) Providing the infant with additional oral fluids every 3 hours.

D) Encouraging the mother to temporarily suspend breast-feeding her infant.

Sinusubukan ko'ng alalahanain ang lesson namin na'to sa Maternal and Child Health Nursing.

Phototherapy can indeed cause insensible water loss, making it crucial to assess for dehydration and provide fluids to maintain proper fluid balance and promote bilirubin excretion.

Hindi A ang sagot.

Keeping the infant snugly wrapped, may restrict movement and airflow, potentially leading to overheating and exacerbating dehydration, which is counterproductive in enhancing bilirubin excretion.

Hindi rin B ang pwedeng sagot.

Walang connect.

While a quiet environment can promote rest, it does not actively enhance bilirubin excretion.

Option D, encouraging the mother to temporarily suspend breast-feeding her infant, is a big no no.

Breastfeeding provides essential nutrients and hydration to the infant, and suspending it could lead to nutritional deficiencies and impact overall well-being.

Moreover, breast milk promotes the passage of meconium, aiding in bilirubin excretion.

With these considerations in mind, I confidently eliminated options A, B, and D, and circled option C as the correct answer.

Providing additional oral fluids every 3 hours would help maintain proper hydration levels and support liver function, ultimately aiding in bilirubin excretion during phototherapy treatment.

Satisfied sa naging sagot, I finished the exam and submitted it to my clinical instructor.

Nilibot ko muna ang paningin sa buong room at napansing ako nanaman ang hulig natapos magexam.

"Ms. Mendoza, always the last one to finish," my instructor teased with a knowing smile as I approached her desk.

I chuckled, "Last but not the least po." tugon ko