Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I caress my face while looking at myself in the mirror. I put on a powder, and one swipe of gloss on my lips highlighted my facial features: skin is fair, hazel nut eyes, cupid bow's lips, and small nose with freckles on its bridge. It took a lot of determination for me to become the person I am today.

Ever since I was a child, I knew that I am different from other boys my age. My physical appearance may be of a man, but what's inside my heart says otherwise. It's normal to feel confused and distraught. It's okay to feel lost. But remember to stay true to yourself and let your feelings lead you to the real and genuine you.

Inayos ko ang may kahabaang buhok matapos isuot ang puting uniporme. I am fortunate to be wearing clothes that represent who I am; this boosts my self-esteem and inspires me to be productive everyday.

Nagawi ang tingin ko sa gilid ng vanity. It's the paper with his autograph. I had to put it in a frame. Its been days since that interaction and it still didn't leave my system. I held and stare at how neat it looks. His penmanship looks beautiful, iyong tipong pinag-isipan talaga.

If his penmaship was this good already how much more his plates. I heard he's on his fourth year of being an engineering student. Despite being a varsity, which takes a lot of his time especially during training days, and still managed to be on top of his class is just unbelievable. He's that smart. Different universities knew about it.

"Kya, ano sama ka mamaya?" Si Valerie. I was busy writing what our professor discussed earlier when she put both of her arms on my table and stole the pen from my hand. Agad naman akong umangal.

"Val-"

"Val, hah!" Asar niya pa.

"Kavya naman! Nagtatampo na ako. I have been trying to convince you to go night out with me for several weeks na. Our midterms just ended, mag chill ka naman sa pag-aaral." Hinawi niya ang suot na laboratory gown at pumameywang.

Kita ko ang iritasyon pero natatabunan iyon ng pagpapa-awa. Natawa naman ako.

"I can't-"

"And why is that? Don't tell me may laban ulit si Captain mamaya? Dadayo ka na naman ba ng España?" I bit my lips and nodded slowly. Napahawak agad siya ng kanyang sentido.

Valerie is one of my friends. She has witnessed my journey and know every facet of my life. It feels comfortable to be with her. I can be anyone I want and she will not pass judgment on me.

"Sayang at madalas pa naman 'yang captain mo roon sa pupuntahan natin."

Muli akong nagtaas ng tingin sa kanya at ngumuso. Kita ko ang pagsasawalang bahala niya sa sinabi at ngumisi na para bang alam niya na agad ang magiging sagot ko. Alam niya talaga kung paano ako kukumbinsihin. Hindi naman siguro masama ang pag party kahit na paminsan minsan, 'di ba? Tsaka bonding na rin namin itong magkaibigan... Oo, tama.

I gave in. On that same day night, I wore my pink strapless flowy dress that is above the knee and a pair of heels just high enough for me to walk comfortably. Ang sabi ay susunduin niya ako rito sa town house para pormal niya rin akong maipaalam kina Mommy. Sabi ko ay ayos na dahil papayagan din naman ako pero mapilit dahil ayaw niya raw mawala ang tiwala nila. Hindi na ako umangal pa at hinayaan na lang sa gusto niya.

"I promse to bring your daughter alive and kicking, tita."

"Until midnight only." si Mommy. Tumango ako. Hinawi niya ang ilang takas na buhok ko. They are right when they said that I'm the younger version of her because I can see clearly why.

As soon as we got there, we were immediately greeted by overwhelming crowd and loud music. Tumingin ako sa kaibigan na malaki ang ngiti. Kumaway siya sa isang babae sa itaas at masayang tinuro ako. Hinila niya ako papunta roon.