"God Given I'm Afraid"

IN THE BEGINNING

IN THE BEGINNING. . .

THE ANGEL'S LUCIFER AND ANDREA WERE CASTED OUT OF HEAVEN AND CONDEMNED TO RULE HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY

UNTIL THEY DECIDED TO TAKE A VACATION. . .

....

Andrea got no sleep last night after the unexpected visit she had from her brother. SWAT were now having a press conference after what happened with Buck and the young boy that was shot "In the course of responding to an attack on two police officers last night, the SWAT unit to my right killed four suspects and rescued a family who had been carjacked" Hicks started out, the cameras flashing everything now and then.

"Well, sadly, a 17-year-old young man, Raymont Harris, was accidentally shot and seriously injured by team leader, Buck Spivey. Now, this morning I terminated Sergeant Spivey" That sentence made everyone frown as they all looked at each-other. No one knew about that.

"SWAT demands the highest standards, and Angelenos have the right to know that actions have consequences. Sergeant Harrelson, would you please join me?" Hondo frowned but slowly made his way over to Hicks.

"Today I am assigning 20-David designation, the senior SWAT sergeant and command of this unit, to sergeant Daniel Harrelson, who exhibited immense bravery under fire to prevent last night's incident, along with Andrea Morningstar, from becoming far worse than what it otherwise might've been" Hicks then looked over and nodded at Andrea who gave him a small nod back "So, please join me in congratulating Sergeant Harrelson on a well-deserved appointment"

After that total screw up of a conference, everyone minus Hondo were in the gym area. Andrea was boxing with Luca to let off some steam while the rest of the team stood around watching "I can't believe their just gonna fire Buck without having done an investigation"

Andrea scoffed "They just did"

"And Hondo's great and all, but that job is yours, Deac. I mean, all the years that you put in and waited. I mean, you earned it" Luca exclaimed.

"No one knows Buck got screwed more than me" Hondo walked over "I learned everything I know about SWAT from him, so I'm not about to switch up anything. Now, we have to change into our dress blues" He sighed "We're going to Avalon Park to keep the peace"

"We heading out a man down?" Deacon asked what everyone was thinking.

"Nope" Hondo held up a file "Getting Jim Street"

Andrea frowned "I'm sorry, who the fuck is that?"

....

Everyone was now in the right uniform yet they were still waiting on this Jim Street guy when the door was nearly took off his hinges "You Hondo?" A young guy she recognised from the file asked while sticking his hand out "Jim Street"

"You're cutting a little close, Street"

Street suddenly felt very awkward when Hondo didn't even shake his hand "Sorry, yeah, I, uh, hit, like, a thousand red lights"

"We don't do excuses here and you're in the wrong uniform" Hondo pointed out "Go get changed up. We're rolling out"

"Music to my ears. Don't worry about me. You just point me in the right direction" He said while walking back to the door "I'm here to kick ass"

Andrea let out a laugh and Street smiled at her until he realised it was sarcastic "If you're here to just kick ass then you're in the wrong job. SWAT is about saving lives, you better learn that"

....

"So, Andrea Morningstar, is that like a show name or something?" Street joked as they walked through the park.

She smirked "God given I'm afraid"

He nodded, looking down at his shoes with a small smile. He didn't speak until a few minutes later "You okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be Street?" She asked, unbothered.

"Because you keep looking around like you're on high alert or something" He pointed out like it was obvious.

"I'm always on high alert" She shrugged "Better get used to it" She tapped him on the shoulder when Luca, Tan and Chris came walking over "Good luck" She told him before walking away and over to where Deacon and Hondo were stood.

She gave them a tired smile and Deacon smiled back "Hey Andrea you all right?"

Andrea nodded "You know I'm always good Deac" Deacon was like a father figure to her and even though she didn't do well with her emotions, she was always grateful that he and the team always made sure she was okay. Deacon just nodded as Gerald then started to speak.

"I'm Gerald Ewing, and Raymont Harris is my cousin" He spoke into the mic "Raymont's a straight A student at his high school. Last night, picking up some groceries, a cop shot him. This is the third police shooting here in the last sixth months. You don't see them shoot people in Brentwood, do you?!"

Everything else was white noise to Andrea because did they think Buck meant to shoot him? He lost his job and now has to live with that guilt for the rest of his life but no was considers that. What about Buck's mental health after all this?

"How many times are we gonna let this happen before some-" He was cut off when one of the men on stage were shot directly in the head; a sniper shot. People were screaming and running in any direction as Andrea ducked slightly and pulled out her gun.

"The roof! Northeast!" Hondo shouted into his radio and suddenly Street turned into Super Sonic at the speed he was running at. If he got shot now, Andrea wouldn't of have been surprised. And of course by the time they got there the shooter had disappeared. The only evidence left was the gun casings on the floor.

"They teach you nothing down at Long Beach?" Andrea had grabbed Street by the collar as she shoved him back a little "You go running out there like that with no cover and you're a dead man"

"Hey! I was trying to get to the shooter before he got away" He defended.

"And how would you have done that if you were dead?" Her arms were folded as she waited for an answer she knew she wasn't getting.

"Lesson one, Street" Hondo stepped forward with looks that could kill "Never be in a hurry to die"