12: Eyes on Aerin

Ms. Park, a Kim Mingyu wants to meet you."

Aerin's eyes widened. Jeonghan's friend Mingyu wanted to meet her, but why?

"Tell him to take an appointment; I'm busy," she said, focusing back on her files. She wasn't going to waste her time meeting an enemy's friend.

"But he actually booked an appointment. So what do I do?"

Aerin sighed. Chan was on leave, and Mingyu was becoming insatiable. But what could he do in her own office? If she met him once, he might stop bothering her.

"Fine, send him in."

Her temporary secretary nodded and left. Soon the door opened, revealing a very tall and buffed guy in a suit. He had the looks of a Greek God, with bright brown eyes that were mischievous and playful. The guy walked inside and sat on the couch. Aerin stood up and walked towards Mingyu, then stood in front of him, supporting herself against her desk.

"So this is the first time I'm meeting you, Nicole. I'm Kim Mingyu. You may have heard about the famous Kims? I'm the youngest of them," he said with a cheeky smile, his canine tooth giving his smile a unique charm.

"Why are you here, Mr. Kim?" Aerin cut straight to the point, not a fan of small talk, especially now.

"I hope you like the gift I sent you earlier," Mingyu said with a satisfied smirk, watching Aerin's eyes widen.

"You look very surprised, Nicole. I sent you a painting of your... your love and his love."

So, it was him. He was the one who dared to do this to her. Aerin gritted her teeth.

"If you're done bullshitting, you can get the fuck out of my office, Mingyu."

Mingyu chuckled. "Look, I can guarantee you my friend Jeonghan and Seungcheol are inseparable. They won't break up. Which means you'll never get your love."

He stood up and walked towards Aerin. "But if you look closely, you can get someone much better."

Aerin frowned.

"I've seen you a lot on TV, Nicole. And I like you. You know my family is rich and influential enough to get anything for you. I'm much better than Seungcheol," Mingyu said, moving close to Aerin, placing his hands on the desk on either side of her, trapping her. Though Aerin was tall and dominating herself, Mingyu's figure easily towered over her, making her nervous and uncomfortable.

"Think about it, Nicole. I know you're a wise woman, so think about it."

Aerin gulped out of fear. This guy looked dangerous, the look in his eyes enough to eat her alive. But she couldn't let herself get intimidated. She needed to be strong.

"As far as I know, you have a boyfriend, Kim Mingyu. And I don't think he would be happy to hear about this offer."

Mingyu's eyes went wide, his satisfied look changing to confusion.

"Have some shame and think twice before cheating on your boyfriend with a woman like me."

Mingyu grabbed Aerin's jaw harshly, making her whimper in pain.

"I was asking you nicely, but I guess filthy bitches like you don't understand politeness. I should just tie your wrists, push you on the table, and fuck the shit out of you till you faint. Maybe that will help you make a decision, huh?"

"You men really have your brains in your pants, right?" Aerin hissed.

"Then be ready to see what a man like me can do. And trust me, you won't get Seungcheol. Never!"