Silent Tears Chapter 8

Grace's P.O.V.

I must have fallen asleep eventually because when I opened my eyes it was to a blinding light. I groaned and covered my face with the pillow. Why did the sun have to be so light? It just wasn't fair. I heard a feminine giggle, which caused me to shoot up. Instantly searching the room for a threat. My sight landed on a teenage girl, about the same age as me, about to open the other curtain. She turned round and smiled at me.

“Hey! Your up! I've been waiting ages for you to finally wake up.” She open the curtain and came and sat next to my feet. “Oh, by the way! I’m Hayley. I know who you are. Duh doesn't everyone! I mean Alpha did introduce you to the whole pack yesterday. OH MY GOODNESS! I meant to ask you about that. Were you scared? I mean I would have been... All those people looking at you. I would have been FREAKING OUT!”

I just watched as she chattered on in her own little world of Hayley. It was very amusing. Just listening to the things she said. I couldn't believe someone so small could contain so many words in her head. I mean I could easily be a foot and a half taller than her. And I was considered short to some people.

I heard a chuckle at the door. I whipped my head towards the sound, groaning at the ache in my neck. I really had to stop doing that. I was gonna destroy the muscles in my neck. I noticed two teenage boys standing next to Jake, right at my door, like a metre away from me. I was so confused. How did they get there? Wouldn't I have seen them earlier? “Hayley, calm down! Let the poor girl get ready, so she can come downstairs and eat breakfast.”

One of the other boys said, making Hayley instantly pout and stick her tongue out at him. He was gazing at her in an loving sort of way, but she looked absolutely clueless. How didn't she see that.

“Oh, Grace!” I looked at Jake. “These idiots are Matt and Elliot. (A/N Thanks to kit_kat321 these were her name suggestions for Jake's brother. I thought I’d get use out of them!) They are the sons of your dads Third in command. My best mates. And the losers of the pack. We are going to get breakfast we'll see you downstairs when your ready. OK?”

I smiled and nodded at him. He walked out the room followed by Matt and Elliot. Hayley came and hugged me, before she also exited. I hopped into the shower. The water relaxed me and warmed my skin.

I hopped out, looking at the closet. Hmm... What does one wear to a werewolf breakfast? I mentally shrugged and then dressed casually in my black skinny jeans and a blue hoodie. I kept the hood down but it took a lot of effort to resist hiding my face.

I sniffed deeply and could just smell what appeared to be bacon and pancakes. I laughed, I hadn't had a pancake in five years. And I could already taste the bacon. Let's just say it didn't take me long to finish getting ready.

Hayley's P.O.V.

Oh my goodness me! She had smiled at me and was really pretty. But she wasn't stuck up or anything! That's hard to come by these days. It seemed being beautiful earned you the right to be stuck up! Seriously it's annoying, and some don't even look that pretty any more.