The First Date

You were waiting outside of the school. You agreed to be set up on a blind date. Your friends said they knew someone who was single and also agreed. A girl walked up to you, you've seen her in the hallways before.

     "Hi, are you ready for our date?" she asked.
You tried to remember her name, "Yeah, where would you like to go? Umm..."
"My name is Iris, you're Y/n, right?"
"Yes. Iris. I remember now."
"Did you want to walk at the park?" She offered, "It's pretty simple. We can talk and get to know each other. Does that seem fun?"
"Sounds perfect," you replied.

You both go to the park for your date. Iris is having a lot of fun hanging out with you. The scenery is still nice, considering it being darker out. You are both telling each other about yourselves while walking around. You were noticing more about her. She had a simple, but friendly style. She wore a dark green sweater with a bear sewn on it, she had a green and purple plaid skirt that complemented it.

"I really like your outfit. It's cute," you complimented, "Cute as in lovely, not baby-like or childish. I mean it's nice. I like it."
Iris giggles when you continued on, "I'm glad you don't find it childish. Thank you."
     "Just saying what's true."
     "Would you like to get something to eat?"
     "Sure," you replied, "Would you like to get ice cream? There's a parlor nearby, it's really good."
     "That sounds great!"

     You both venture out to get ice cream. Even if you're not that hungry, you still don't mind going. Iris ordered her ice cream, you also got some ice cream too. You continued chatting over ice cream as the sky got darker. You'll have to leave soon, the only things allowing you to see are the streetlights. If you both don't leave when you're done, it'll be too dangerous.

"I know it's getting late, we should probably go back home." Iris got up, "I had a really fun time with you!"
     "I'll walk you home. It's too late to walk back by yourself," you offered.
     "You're really sweet. Are you sure? It'll be longer for you to get home."
     "Yeah, I'm sure."

     You walk Iris to her place safely. She's really happy with the date and hopes to continue going out with you. When you walk past her house you saw a figure in her window. It was a dark creature with multiple eyes and teeth over its body. You walk Iris to her doorstep.

     "Thank you so much for walking me home! It's really late out now. Do you want to stay here for the night?" Iris asked you.
     You had a gut feeling that you should leave right now. You have to decline as politely as possible. You got it together and politely declined her offer, "I think I can make it back. Thank you for the offer though."
     "Okay. Stay safe." She said, as she searched her bag for something. She pulled out a pen and a piece of paper then scribbled down her number, "It was really fun hanging out with you. Here's my number if you'd like to hang out again."
     You take the piece of paper and you take a piece of it and write your number. "Here's my number too. Maybe we can go somewhere over the weekend." You handed her your number.
     "I'll text you then," She smiled then waved goodbye.

     You waved back and quickly walked home. You make it back home safely. Today was quite interesting. You think about Iris and if you'd like to go out again. The date wasn't bad at all. If she wants to go out again, what would we do?