The Second Date

Your phone lit up with a text message from Iris. You unlocked your phone and read the text.

     "Hey! I was wondering if you'd like to go on another date. Would you like to go to the pool?"
     You replied, "Sure. What time works best for you?"
     "I was thinking maybe later tonight. Is 8 pm alright with you?"
     "Perfect! It won't be crowded then. I'll see you there."
     ":)"

     After you eat would be the best time to go. You got everything ready to go. You ate and made your way to the pool.
Iris was waiting for you and you both go to the locker rooms to change. You finished putting on your swimsuit and you went out. Iris said she was still changing. You wait for her to come out, before going into the pool.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to take too long," Iris apologized as she came out. She was wearing a black, one-piece swimsuit. "All of my swimsuits are old and this is the only one that fits."
"It's okay. Your swimsuit is nice."
"Thank you," she smiled, "We should get in the pool now."

Iris goes down the ladder and into the pool. You decided to jump into the pool. You made a huge splash and Iris giggles. You both have fun by splashing each other with the water.
You continued to splash around and occasionally took small breaks with just swimming. You are both having fun! It's a happy moment and you want to try to make a move. It would be too straightforward to kiss her, but too boring to just talk. You decided to ask her to dance in the water.
     She agreed and you held hands, while swaying in the water. Time moved by so fast, if only it could just be you and her. Just the two of you together, holding each other close.

     "This is a lot of fun! We should probably get out before it gets too late though." She said.
     "Yeah. My fingers are already pruned from swimming for so long."
     "We can sit out for a bit. Then we can get some food. I'm pretty hungry."

     You both exit the pool and grab your towels. While drying off, look for a place to eat. There's not much, but there's some vending machines and they do serve pizza here. It would probably be easier to get a small pizza, so you order a small cheese pizza to share.
     The pizza was good. Everything tastes so much better when you've been swimming all day. After eating, you check to see when you need to head back. There's still a bit of time, but you both don't want to get back into the pool. You both decided to talk with each other, for the little bit of time left.

    "This date was really fun." Iris brought up, "Thank you, for going out with me again."
     "It really was fun." You replied, "We should do this again sometime."
     "I agree," she smiled, "I'd love to go out again."

     You both realize it's time to leave. You head back to the changing rooms and get out of your swimsuits. Before you both leave, Iris gives you a hug. You smiled and hugged her back.
     You make it home safely. You got even closer to Iris this date. It was fun and you think  about going on another date. The next time will be different though. Maybe you will ask her next time.