Author Notes

Hello all and welcome!

I'm excited to take a stab at the Moon Knight universe (the miniseries version on Disney+) and make the assumption that readers of this fanfic will have already seen the entirety of the show. There are definitely a few spoilers, as well as a brief recap, within the prologue and following chapters, so read at your own risk if you have not yet watched the show. (Would definitely recommend! It's deep, dark, but also full of delightful Oscar Isaac moments!) 

Part of writing about Moon Knight is attempting, to the best of my limited ability and experience in this area, to respectfully portray an individual with dissociative identity disorder (DID). Steven, Marc, and Jake are all the same physical being, but I follow the example of the show in developing them as separate characters. I apologize for any unintentional offense or inaccuracy in my writing about this condition, and do not intend any harm towards anyone who experiences similar things.

On another note, I've also decided to situate the events of Moon Knight during the MCU year 2012, shortly before the Battle of New York, and as I work on expanding this fic it is entirely possible that you might spot some Avengers at some point...

Like my other works in progress (which are still in progress, never fear!), this fic will be updated randomly. That said, I hope you will stick around to see it through, because I am excited to get there too! :) You will be observing this story growing in real time, so if there are any major edits follow me for updates on that front.

All rights for Moon Knight the character and the portrayal of such character in the Disney+ series belong to their respective owners -- my only character is Miriam Rockwell, whom you will meet shortly -- and my descriptions of Steven Grant/Marc Spector/Jake Lockley are based heavily upon Oscar Isaac's portrayal of these personas in the show. 

Last, to anyone waiting for more of Agent Sierra Six -- I promise I'm working on it! Dead Red is cooking...thanks for sticking with me and reading A Gray Llove and A Pilot in the meantime!

Thanks always for reading and please leave me a comment and a like as you read! I love to see your feedback! (With that in mind, please also be nice -- I know you would anyway. ;))