I love you (Natasha Romanoff)

warnings: sad :(, mentions of Stage 5 Alzheimer's Disease

DISCLAIMER!!!! I DO NOT KNOW A LOT ABOUT STAGE FIVE OF ALZHEIMERS I JUST BRIEFLY RESEARCHED IT. DONT GET MAD AT ME JUST PLEASE RESPECTFULLY AND POLIELY CORRECT ME IN THE COMMENTS IF SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE CORRECRED OR IF THEIRS SOMETHONF I SHOULD KNOW RHANK YOU <3

ALSO IF YOU FEEL LIKE THE STORY IS REPEATING. ITS BECAUSE IT IS. LET IT MAKE SENSE BEFORE YOU COME AFTER ME

Y/N's POV

I stay hunched over in my seat in my room, writing in my journal. My pencil slowly glided across the paper as I struggle to stay awake. I'm on Stage 5 Of Alzheimer's and its not getting any better. A tear rolls down my cheek.

Dear me,
You live with a woman named Natasha Romanoff, she is your wife. You do not have any kids. You are a formal Avener who retired due to your memory loss. Your nicknames for Natasha are as follows:
Nat, Granola (due to the fact that she made a granola smoothie once), Spider, Shooter, and Mama. She is a wonderful woman and I'm pretty sure you could already tell. You fall asleep every night on this exact journal. Everyday may feel the same but Nat makes sure that at least one thing feels different. Appreciate that. Her name is Natasha and you love...

My hand aches as I paused before writing my last few words on the page. Another tear rolled down, desperately trying to finish my writing before I crashed.

...her.

                                         -Y/N   Y/L/N

My head, not so gently, landed on my open book. What time was it, you may ask? 5PM. I hasn't even made it to dinner. My tears had began to smudge some of the writing. The word "you" before "love her" was smudged. Ink began to stain my face. I slept somewhat peacefully as the next morning arrived.

*Time skip*

"Babe, come on it's almost 1 in the afternoon." A strange voice awoke me. I woke up hunched over a desk with a journal in from of me. "Sorry, who are y-" I stopped myself, noticing the door was closed and no one else was in the room with me. Sunshine leaked through the open window. I peaked around the room, taking in my surroundings. I look at the journal in front of me. I start reading due to just pure curiousiry. I read and read until the end.

"Her name is Natasha and ..... love her."

Was that who woke me up? My thoughts were calmly interrupted by the smell of bacon. I stumbled out of the room, my legs feeling almost numb. "Hey, Nat." I said, sounding careful as I used the first nickname I saw in my notebook. This gorgeous woman turned around to face me, her red hair flowing over her shoulder. "Hey, babe!" She said. Her voice was so calming. "Sit at the table I'm almost done with breakfast." She told me softly. A warm feeling spread throughout my chest. This woman loves me? And do I love her?

My head spun slightly as I turned to go sit down like she told me to. My vision felt fuzzy as I thought about the woman in the room.  Natashaaa... I hummed in my head. Soon, I saw a plate being put in front of me. "Here you go, love."

"Thanks, Spider." I said, feeling a little more confident. She was my wife, and it seemed as thought I loved her. My brain fogged again as I picked up my fork. On the plate in front of me was, eggs, bacon, and buttered toast. I smiles and stuffed some eggs into my mouth. "Do you like it?" Nat asked me. "Uh, yea..." I slowed my speech. "Y-yeah I do." She smiled at me softly and looked down at her plate, beginning to stab the food. The sound of the utensils against the ceramic plate was a white noise to me as I thought about her smile. How much care she has already showed for me this morning alone. "Your name is Natasha." I stated. She smiled and nodded her head. "Do you remember?" She asked, sounding like she's asked that question millions of times. She looked into my eyes as if searching for a different answer than the same one I've been saying for months and months. "No, I read it in....my journal when I woke up." I felt deja vu-ish as I spoke those words. A small but cold empt put started to form in my stomach, feeling like this day had been on repeat for centuries.