Chapter 1

Kokichi POV

"It's been about 5 days since I've started searching for the mastermind. While what I've found is rather limited, with the help of a friend I have acquired bits of key information;

The Mastermind is aliveThe Mastermind is someone present in the school

While this doesn't narrow it down much, it's helped me create a list that I can edit efficiently when new information is discovered. As long as I keep pretending, it should narrow down quickly. This is my biggest hope yet in terms of leaving this hellhole.

Angie Yonaga ❌

Gonta Gokuhara

Himiko Yumeno

K1-B0

Kaede Akamatsu❌

Kaito Momota

Kirumi Tojo❌

Korekiyo Shinguji❌

Maki Harukawa

Miu Iruma

Rantaro Amami ❌

Ryoma Hoshi❌

Shuichi Saihara

Tenko Chabashira❌

Tsumugi Shirogane

There are some people on this list who are very unlikely to be behind this but I will leave no stone unturned either way. "

I closed the journal quickly and hid it under my mattress. While I know it's not the greatest spot, no one I don't trust is coming in here and it's in a spot well concealed from the cameras.

Just then I get a knock at the door. I attempted to look under the door to see who it is. All I can see are dark blue loafers and pinstriped pants, most likely Saihara-kun.

"Who is it~" I wail jokingly

"It's just me." He replies laughing subtly.

"I know not of a Me!~ State your business, new acquaintance!~" I retort in an old-regal manner.

"It's Saihara. I know you peeked under the door. I'm just here to talk." He answers.

"Fineeeeee! I let you in!!!!" As I finish I open the door and let Saihara into my room. I sit on the bed near where I hid the journal and encourage Saihara to sit with me.

"Sooooo~ How'd you know I looked under the door?" I ask him

"Your shadow told me you were close to the door and I saw a bit of your hair from underneath the door.

"Clever! Anyways what did you want to talk about!" I asked him.

"I've got information on the Mastermind. It's not much but I'd like to help your investigation in anyway I can." He tells me.

"What investigation?" I tell him. "Obviously I'M the mastermind! I AM the ultimate supreme leader after all." I lied.

"Well maybe you are," He replies. "But you're currently the least suspicious on my list so I thought if anything were to happen to me I might as well give someone at least a little information."

"Ugh, I'm offended by your trust in me, but maybe this will inspire me to make some changes in the game." I taunt.

"Um p-please don't do that, I'm choosing to trust you, don't make me a Mudd." He said standing up.

"Can't promise anything, alas, tell me what you wanna tell me." I reply.

"Well I suppose it's more of a show not tell, can you come with me?" He asks politely.

"Sure." I tell him, standing up. And with that I followed him down to the library. He walked past each bookshelf as if he was looking for a book. Suddenly he stopped in front of a bookshelf that stuck out just a little bit and began searching for his book. He stopped on a book that said Hope's Peak Official Student Handbook and pulled it out. All of a sudden the shelf opened up revealing an open door behind it. I stood in awe at the open door thoughts running through my head.

"I originally showed this to Kaede, but the door was closed so we attempted to monitor the door to try to find the Mastermind. But Kaede had her own plan, and one event led to another and you know the rest. But when I checked back on it recently the door was open. I haven't been in there yet though." He explained.

"Why didn't you go in, is poor wittle Saihara scared?" I teased.

"Yes actually," He retorted. "Who knows who or what is back there. Whoever planned this sick, twisted game is clearly dangerous and who knows what kind of things he or she might have back there for executions. So forgive me for being reluctant to go in there alone." He continued clearly getting worked up about the situation.

"Calm down." I tell him. "If we go in together and leave a way to be found if something bad happens. Besides, you know I wouldn't leave the kind of stuff you're talking about out in the open. For all I know, you might carry out Kaede's mission while you're in there."

"Very funny." He replies. "Come on, let's work on your investigation." He grabs my hand and pulls me down the corridor behind the bookcase. What's back there you ask?

I can't even begin to explain.

Author's Note

I'm still very new to this!  This is my first story so I hope it's not absolutely atrocious. Anyways, I won't make you read too much text after whatever that was but thank you for reading it anyway. Or maybe you don't care but still, it gives me reads, so thanks.

-Olive the Gender Fairy