New identities (Chapter 2)

"Wait up, Katniss!" my friend Madge says from behind me. I stop In front of the entrance to Mockingjay University and wait for madge. she runs up to me panting heavily."i'm ready" she says and we walk into the gym. Ms.Coin motions for us to join the small group of 2nd years."Many of you know this but for those who don't, about 7 of you will be transferring to Dauntless U. We're going to announce the transfers right now. stand up if i say your name.Katniss." i stand up shakily."Madge.Peeta.Primrose.Gale.Finnick.And Annie." All my friends." please follow your Fashion instructor, Effie, to the bus." Every 2nd year follows Effie. all of us seem stunned by her gold hair."Alright everyone 2 people in a seat!" Effie squeaks. I don't know how i feel about Dauntless U. It's all the way in chicago away from my friends.not my friends but the people i know. or the people i knew. But at least i might have a shot at meeting Decent people. i fall asleep on the bus. asleep. still asleep.

"Trissy did you hear about the new initiates?" we're in training with Lauren, and Peter has been mimicking shauna all day."Trissy lets" i don't let him finish and slap his face as hard as i can.He lunges at me but shauna tackles him and they punch each other violently (obviously) until lauren notices and breaks them up with the help of me and shauna's sister lynn.Lynn is a year younger but she skipped a grade and is now one of the best initiates." form a line and sit!"Lauren says. I'm the first person in line. "I need the first 2 girls and first boy." she says. thats weird. a group of 7 initiates appear in the gym. "okay Beatrice you get Katniss and Annie. Marlene you get primrose and madge. Four gets Peeta,finnick,and gale. Overall initiation starts tomorrow, so we're giving you time to practice."

"Hello Katniss, Annie.I'm Tris" I shake each of their hands. Each of you, punch me." it does hurt and they punch correctly." Excellent. no pre-initiation training will be needed. I'll show you the Dorms."

Tris takes me and Annie down a Damp,Dark hallway. she stops at the end of the hallway and hands Annie key and uses mine to open the door. She hands me the key and ushers us inside.it's a small dorm with 2 beds with black sheets,2 dressers,a lamp,a tiny kitchen, and a complete bathroom.Tris says it's called the pit."katniss on the left, Annie on the right" she hands us each a pair of clothes. black tank top, black jacket,thin and tight black sweatpants, black boots,and a set of black makeup. i look at tris. "if your going to wear makeup you better wear black makeup or your out of here! peach is no exception even for a idio" she pauses " initiate like you" she snaps in a cold voice." i didn't join Dauntless to get you out of shit" she says.i want to kill tris. i thought she was decent but was i wrong? absolutely. "do you want new names?" she asks "Kat and An." i say and go into the bathroom.

note: i know you might get mad at my decision but tris will come around in a pretty awesome way

when she comes out i need to talk to her. if she thinks this is hard on her she should meet the other dauntless. Uriah would rip her throat out and he's one of the nice dauntless. she walks out with a clear face and dauntless clothes.i pin her to the wall."just so you know, you think this is hard meet some people" i let her go. i'm gonna throw knives in the 2nd gym.why don't you meet with the other 2nd years?"i leave quietly and walk to the knife throwing range.i walk right past it and go to the shooting range.i need practice.