|Chapter Seven|

A few days had passed, and Dr. Amin made good on his promise and had my restraints removed the morning after he first visited me. To be fair, I did feel a lot better on the medication they were pumping into me.

My night nurse was Becca, and she was a young girl fresh out of nursing school. She had long blonde hair that she kept in a braid, and she was the only one who was nice to me.

She would sit next to me at exactly 1:25 am and talk to me about what was going on in her life at that time. Last night she told me she came home to a note on her door left by her neighbor telling her to turn her music down at night. Granted, she was never there at night...she was here.

We had a good laugh about that, and I was grateful she was here. If it wasn't for her, I don't think I would have made it this far.

The sun was just coming up, and I heard a knock on the door. Dr. Amin poked his head in and waved a stack of papers around wildly. "You're being released!"

I shot up in bed and threw my hands over my head in excitement. "Seriously?!"

He nodded and came to sit next to me. "You've made a lot of progress, so I feel comfortable writing your script and sending you home where you belong."

"Thank you." Relief rushed through me, and I laid my head back on the pillow.

"Do you have any questions for me?" he asked while thumbing through the discharge paperwork.

"Can you tell me what happened to my mom?"

He stopped and glanced up at me quizzically. "You don't already know?"

I shook my head and crossed my legs underneath me. "I only know what I have been told by my dad, and I don't think it's the whole truth."

He gave me a sympathetic smile and nodded. "Your mom was a wonderful woman; she was my patient for about ten years before she passed. She was actually in this room at one time if you would believe it. Your mom was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and schizophrenia. She tried to take her life many times, and your father brought her here for therapy once a week the last few years she was alive."

"Did I...kill her?" I asked quietly, unsure if I wanted the answer.

His eyes widened and he grabbed my hand quickly. "What? God, no. Lennon, your mom overdosed on pills the day after you graduated."

My stomach dropped, and I felt as though I could vomit at any second. "My dad told me I killed her."

He shook his head solemnly and hugged my papers to his chest. "Her diagnosis stemmed from the postpartum depression she had after giving birth to you, but you were not the reason that she died, Lennon."

The rest of the afternoon was a blur, and at one point the nurse handed me my phone so I could make arrangements to get home.

Dr. Amin had given me my script to have my medication filled and delivered. Before he left he made sure to let me know he would be a phone call away if I ever needed help.

He didn't want me to end up like my mom.

I ran my hands over the navy dress I had worn to visit my dad and stopped at the dark stain from the whiskey I had spilt. I shook my head and made a mental note to burn it once I got home.

"Your ride is here." The nurse said while opening the door for me. I gave her a nod and walked out into the cold. Shivers ran up my spine, and I let the cool air hit my face.

"Lennon."

I turned towards the voice and smiled as Nick held open the passenger door to his Jeep. I slid into the cloth seat and Noah's melodic voice filled the small space.