|Chapter 10|

This chapter does include sexual content-read at your own risk.

After a few hours of brainstorming, Chelsea announced she had to get home due to her contractions flaring up again. Nick insisted that he go with her, but she declined and told him to stay and help me.

I had seen such a change in her since she met Nick, and I was so proud of the woman she was becoming.

Before she left, she had pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear, "Please, be careful."

I wasn't sure what she meant exactly, but knowing she cared was enough for me.

"I know I haven't really had the best track record regarding my ideas, but I know who we need to talk to next." Nick said as he turned the corner from the kitchen.

"We're all ears, Detective Folio." Noah teased while taking a sip of the volcanic coffee he had just finished brewing. I wondered if all of skin was permanently burned off the roof of his mouth.

"Ellie."

"What?" I asked, my voice raising a few octaves. There was no way I would subject myself to Ellie's scrutiny again, especially now that I knew she most likely was aware I was their sister.

"You think she knows about what happened?" Noah questioned.

"She was ten, I know she knows what happened." Nick glanced over at me, and I shrugged.

"My dad didn't tell us everything, I didn't really give him the chance to." I muttered while raising my knees to my chest.

"We could always try to meet with him again when you're ready." Nick said and placed his hand on my knee.

"This is definitely something I'm going to have to get used to." Noah nodded at the physical contact between me and Nick and he quickly retrieved his hand from my knee.

"Sorry." Nick muttered and increased the distance between us on the couch.

"You guys should probably get home and rest, especially you Nick. Make sure Chelsea is alright." I said while pushing myself off the couch.

He nodded and grabbed his coat. "Text me if you need anything."

Noah didn't move, and I wasn't sure if he was going to take my advice.

"Do you want me to leave?" He questioned, slowly closing the distance between us.

I could smell his cologne from across the living room, and it made me dizzy with desire.

"No." It came out barely a whisper, but I knew he heard me by the change of emotion in his eyes. The once worried expression now was portraying something more sadistic.

"Do you want me to stay down here?" He asked, his face merely inches from mine. His hot, minty breath played on my neck and goosebumps scattered over my skin.

"No."

In an instant, he scooped his hands under my thighs and wrapped my legs around his middle. He rested his hands on my butt and walked us both up the stairs into my room.

Once we crossed the threshold, we became like hormone infested teenagers. The air smelled of sweat and desire as his hands roamed over my body.

I raised my hands over my head, and he slowly slid off my t-shirt releasing my bare breasts from their cloak. His eyes grazed over me, and a lustful smile tugged at his lips.

He dipped his head down and enclosed my nipple in his mouth, swirling his tongue around the hardened peak.

I moaned in response and felt the vibration of his chuckle against my skin. He was amused at how he was able to affect me, and I relished every bit of it.

I reached my hand forward and connected with a hardened lump under his pants. It twitched as I ran my hand up and down the length and his jaw clenched at the sensation.

He pulled his shirt off his torso revealing his tattoo covered chest, and the sight still shocked me even after seeing it before.

Our pants followed suit, and soon we were pressed together in my bed with only the sheet grazing our naked bodies.

I could feel his erection against my thigh as he kissed his way down my chest to my stomach. A warm pool of desire flooded my core, and I could feel myself throbbing at his touch.

His head disappeared between my legs and his tongue ran across my slit sending shivers throughout my entire body. I arched my back and thrusted my hips towards him, begging him to relieve the ache I was enduring.

As if reading my mind, he slipped two fingers inside of me and swirled his tongue around the cluster of nerves.

"Noah..." I moaned, my hands gripping his hair.

He quickened his pace, and I could feel myself nearing ecstasy. Just before I succumbed to my orgasm he stopped and peered up at me from between my legs.

Frustration washed over me, and he placed his tip at my opening. "I don't want you to come yet."

My heart started to race, and the possessiveness of his words only turned me on even more.

He slid into me slowly, filling every inch of me and I dug my nails into his back. He winced and smirked down at me. "Do you want me to let you come?"

I nodded and he reached his hand down between us and circled his thumb around my center. I could feel myself peaking once again, and I hoped this time he would let me release.

To my surprise, he did. Dark spots flooded my vision as I came, and he followed suit not too long after me. I could feel him twitch inside of me as he groaned sensually in the crook of my neck.

He collapsed beside me, both of us panting irregularly. I glanced over at him to see his eyes closed, but a smile was plastered on his face. Sweat droplets rolled down his forehead and he let out a small sigh before his eyes met mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he turned to his side to face me.

"Of course." I replied and placed a small kiss on his lips.

As if on cue, Noah's phone started to buzz in his jeans and memories of the night we first slept together ran through my head. That was the night Nick and Chelsea got into their accident; the night I met Ellie for the first time.

Our eyes met briefly before he pushed himself off the bed to retrieve his phone.

"It's Ellie." He said, his voice emotionless.

"What did she say?"

He shoved his phone in his pocket and pulled on his pants. "She wants to meet with you."

Dread washed over me, and I placed my hands over my face to try to hide the fact I could burst into tears at any moment. I hated her for ruining this moment between Noah and I, but I hated her more for whatever part she had played in my moms death.

I knew I was going to have to meet with her eventually, but part of me wanted to avoid it for as long as possible.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to know the truth about my mom's death even though I knew I needed to.

"Hey." Noah said, sitting down on the bed. "It's going to be okay."

I nodded in agreement, but it was a lie. If my last interaction was any indicator of how this one would go, I knew it was most definitely not going to be okay.