Chapter 5

~somewhere in Russia, 2010~

"You need to run-"

"Not without you Cat, I can't let you stay with them."

Letting out a growl of frustration, the short redhead turned to look at the girl in front of her, soft brown eyes looked down pitifully.

"They sent us out here so I can kill you, Elizabeth. You my sister...I can't."

The six-year-old voice choked up as she wiped her dripping nose on the sleeve of her suit. Cheeks tear-stained, as she dropped the gun out of her shaking hand letting it fall to the floor carelessly.

The older girl placed her warm hands on either side of the girl's head, pressing their foreheads together so they created a shield of chestnut and crimson. Keeping the horrible reality away for just a few mere seconds.

"Go...Elizabeth. I can't let you die, I'll find my way out." Sniffing as she pulled away from the grip, ignoring the rigorous tugging at her heart.

"Not without you-" the older girl persisted, But Catarina made no move to leave her spot, Takeing Elizabeth's hand and ran far away from that place. Catarina knew it would be the last time they'd probably see each other, Elizabeth knew that as well. But for the moment they allowed that blissful ignorance to settle between them.

Elizabeth made a step backwards, jutting her movements as she dashed toward the girl, pulling the scrawny redhead into a tight hug. Rocking back and forth on the spot, wanting nothing to stay in this embrace forever and ever.

"I'll miss you, Cat." The brunette smiled weakly down at the younger girl, her sister in anything but blood.

"I'll miss you too, Elizabeth."

Letting go of each for the final time, the two younger Widows parted. One free and one brewing a plan in her tiny mind of her.

╔══ ⧗ °❈° ⧗ ══╗

~undisclosed location, America -2013~

Bitting at her nails, Natasha watched as they injected the girl with something that they wouldn't tell her about. Fury stood next to her, arms crossed, face stoic as always.

"What is it? Different to the one I was under?" Head jutting towards the scientists who were adjusting the stamps to the chair, Natasha cringed behind the glass window she was behind.

"Supposedly, the one you were under was causing you to relive the memories in a way that made your body react. Trashing about and vocally reacting. This new one is more like a dream, a deep dream. So no one is hurt during this process."

Humming as she turned back to look at the girl, who was weirdly unobservant since she'd gotten her from Pierce. She knew from Steve that Catarina at least managed to make a sort of attempt at communicating with him. Showing she was much as a child than a child assassin, but the innocence was still there despite everything.

The mother and daughter met eyes for the last time in a few hours, Natasha noticed the shimmering emerald eyes, shining with fear at what was going to happen to her.

Where did she get them from, the bright green was much unlike her own. Had one of her parents had green eyes, the girl's father?