Chapter 17 - Curly

3rd Person

"Yes! Come on pretty!" Will skipped over to the TV, grabbing Mike's hand and dragging him alone with him.

Eleven sighed, it was a mix of happiness and sadness.

"You alright?" Max asked her, looking concerned.

"They really are made for each other, aren't they.." She whispered.

"It's okay, I'm sure your made for someone as well." Max hugged her, and eleven just stood there, hugging her back.

"I'm really sorry, Max." Eleven whispered into her shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm not mad anymore. I know you thought you lost us, but you could never loose us, El. You know that." She told her, pulling away from the hug.

"I know, I know." She sighed, feeling silly.

"Now let's go and make sure Will doesn't try to turn Mike into one of his 'little people!'" Max chuckled, and they both ran over to where Will and Mike where.

"Your hair pretty. So curly." Will grinned, threading his hands through Mike's locks.

(Pretend he has his s4 hair
But he's s3 Mike)

"Thank you.." Mike blushes.

"You so so pretty!" Will beamed, and Max and eleven watched them both, and started giggling at Mike's face.

"Shut up guys." Mike hissed, which only made them giggle more.

"Why they laugh?" Will looked upset.

"Because they want my hair." Mike lied as to not upset the smaller boy.

"I want prettys hair too." Will told them, and he continues to wrap his fingers around Mike's curls.

He glanced over at the TV, switching it on with his mind and flicking to the kids channel he loves.

"My favourite." He tells them, and they all nod.

"Sooo fun!" He grins, and they all chuckle.

They hear a knock at the door, and since Will still has his fingers locked in Mike's hair, Max gets up to answer it.

She opened it to see Hopper, Lucas and Dustin.

"What the hell.." She muttered to herself, moving out of the way to let them in.

"Joyce! I need to talk with you!" They all hear Hopper's voice boom down the house, and Lucas and Dustin walk in panting.

"What happened to you?" Max chuckled, and Lucas and Dustin just collapsed onto the couches.

"Dude.. We've been biking.. For like.. An hour!!" Dustin pants, and then looks over at Mike and Will.

"Will, what are you doing?" He asks, grinning at Mike's face.

"Mike so pretty! His hair so curly!" He grins, holding up a strand to show everyone.

He looks at Dustins hair and gasps.

"Curly!!" He grins, getting up and sitting next to Dustin.

"I touch?" He asks and Dustin nodded.

Will played with Dustins hair, and Mike could finally sit down and relax.

"It so curly!" Will beamed, playing with his hair.

"I know!" Dustin beamed back.

Everybody watched them interact, and the atmosphere was just generally sweet.

He looked over at Lucas and looked confused.

"Pretty.. Where is hair?" He asked, grabbing his wrist to look for a number.

Lucas looked confused, and spoke up.

"Will, what are you doing?" He chuckled.

"Where is number? No hair, with me and papa?" He looks up at him, and Lucas understands.

"I wasn't in the lab, I just shaved my head." Lucas explained and Will looked confused.

"Why shave hair?" He asked him.

"Because it annoys me." Lucas shrugs and Will grins.

"Fluffy." He starts to feel the little bit of curly hair Lucas has, which makes everyone giggle.

He stops touching Lucas's hair and sits back down, and he remembers Mike's story.

"You know Snow White?" He asks them, and Mike's mouthes at them to pretend not to know.

"No, what is it?" Dustin asks him, and Will grins.

"Girl with dress finds little people with hats! They so cute, I have little animal!" He picked up his tiger from next to Mike to show them.

"You do! It's amazing!" Lucas smiles at Will, who giggles.

Max watches in awe as Lucas talks to Will, being gentle with him and making him smile.

They hear foot steps, and most of them go quiet, apart from Lucas and Will, and watch to see who is coming down the hallway.

Joyce and Hopper appear, probably to see what all the noise was. They see Will showing Lucas his tiger, and pointing out how he knew the colours of it.

They both smiled softly, Joyce speaking up.

"Will?" She raised her voice a little.

"Yes mama?" He asked her, looking back at her.

"The kid who you attacked today, what did he look like?" She asked him, but Will just stared at her blankly.

"His name was Troy, eleven broke his arm as well a few years ago." Mike told them, and Hopper groans.

"Shit! His family talked to the police again! We cant let him go out anymore." Hopper told them, and Will was turned back to the tiger, unaware of what was being said.

"What? But dad he loves it out there!" Eleven tries, but Hopper shakes his head.

"It's a risk. And risks are stupid. And we don't take risks, why?" He repeats, remembering the rule they had when eleven wasn't out.

"Because we aren't stupid." She sighs, and Hopper walks over to Will.

"Will, can you come with me and your mum for a minute?" He asks the small boy.

"Okay!" He smiles, getting up and skipping over to Joyce.

"Let's go, we'll be out in a minute everybody!" She smiles at them, and they lead Will away.

{Word Count: 920}