✨Ek✨

✨Ikshita × Ansh ✨

The moon hung low in the ink-black sky, casting a silvery path across the gently rolling waves that caressed the shore

The moon hung low in the ink-black sky, casting a silvery path across the gently rolling waves that caressed the shore. Stars twinkled like diamonds scattered on velvet, creating a celestial canopy that stretched as far as the eye could see. The rhythmic symphony of the ocean filled the air, a soothing lullaby that seemed to harmonize with the whispers of the night breeze.

Seated on the cool, damp sand at the edge of the water, a lone figure was lost in the enchanting embrace of the night. Her silhouette was framed by the soft glow of the moonlight, a solitary figure against the expansive backdrop of the universe. Long waves of hair cascaded over her shoulders and mingled with the edges of a white sundress that blew gently in the breeze.

In front of her lay a leather-bound journal, pages untouched but eager to drink in the ink of her thoughts. A single flickering candle nestled beside the book cast a warm, golden light that danced playfully with the shadows around her. The faint scent of vanilla wafted through the air, adding to the dreamlike ambiance.

With a thoughtful expression, the girl uncapped a delicate glass pen, its tip shimmering as though holding a piece of stardust. The nib touched the paper, and her thoughts began to flow like the tide. Words emerged as if drawn from the very essence of the night itself, thoughts and emotions woven into poetic lines that captured the magic of the moment.

As she wrote, the waves continued their endless ballet. The salt-kissed breeze toyed with the pages of her journal, as if eager to catch every word that graced them.

Time seemed to lose its grip as the girl became one with the night, her musings becoming a bridge between her soul and the universe. 

Every so often, she would pause, gazing out at the horizon where the sky and sea merged, lost in thought as she contemplated the mysteries of existence. Then, with a soft smile, she would return to her writing, the dance of her pen upon the paper harmonizing with the gentle rhythm of the night.

As the night wore on, the journal began to fill with thoughts both profound and whimsical. The candle burned lower, its flame a steadfast companion in the quiet solitude. And the girl remained, an ethereal figure bathed in moonlight, etching her thoughts onto the pages while the world around her held its breath in reverence for the beauty of the moment...

"O Miss "always in the imagination", come out of your aesthetic world aur jake bartan dho!" 

(Go wash the dishes)

She opened her eyes irritated by the very known voice and glared at him pulling the blanket back which he removed in order to wake her up.

"Main kisi din tujhe mar dungi aur teri lash ko jungle mein janwaro ko khila aaungi" she said sitting on the bed as he sat in front of her with 2 coffee mugs in his hand.

(Someday I will kill you and feed you to the animals in the jungle)

"Ek macchar toh tujhse marta nhi hai" he rolled his eyes handing her the coffee. 

(You can't even kill a mosquito)

"I don't want to eat this" She made faces as he passed her a tablet.

"Maine kaha tha sweets itne kha ke diabetes ho jae?" he asked.

(I told you to eat this much sweets and get diabetes?)

"Sirf sweets khane se diabetes nhi hota. Bloody illiterate people" she muttered under her breath.

(We don't get diabetes just by eating sweets)

"I heard that" he glared at her.

"I am glad you did" she gave him a mocking smile.

He just shook his head and started sipping his coffee in silence.

No matter how much they hate each other, umm....they will still hate each other!

"Kuch toh bolo" she pouted as he went into his silent mode.

(Say something)

"Umm...jake bartan dho dena, I did the clothes" he said taking a sip from his coffee.

(Go and wash the dishes, I did the clothes)

"Tum zehar kyu nhi kha lete?" she asked.

(Why don't you eat poison?)

"Aap khilaengi toh wo bhi kha lenge" he smiled sweetly.

(I can eat even that with your hands)

"Idiot"

...

As she approached the entrance of her apartment building, she could feel the heaviness in her shoulders begin to dissipate. The thought of finally being home, away from the constant hum of the city, brought a small but genuine smile to her lips. Sitting in front of the computer the entire day is not an easy task for a software engineer.

 She fished out her keys from her bag and unlocked the door, stepping into the cool, welcoming embrace of her living space.

The apartment was dimly lit, the soft ambient light casting a cozy ambiance. The scent of a familiar candle hung in the air, its fragrance a soothing balm to her weary senses. Her eyes were drawn to the balcony just beyond the living room, where a delicate strand of fairy lights illuminated the space. They glowed like a constellation of stars, transforming the balcony into a private haven.

Ikshita made her way toward the balcony.

Ansh looks up from the book he is reading.

"Welcome home" he said with a smile.

"Mujhse acche se baat mat karo, mujhe heart attack aa jaega" She shook her head sitting beside him.

(Don't talk to me nicely, I will get a heart attack)

She envies him for looking so fresh after working as much as her. After all, both are software engineers.

He shook his head and placed a small cake in between them and lit the candle.

"Already 1 month?" she asked looking at the cake.

He pulled her into his lap and snaked his arms around her waist.

"Was it so good that you lost count?" he asked.

"Although you are irritating, it was good" she smiled kissing his cheek.

"We have to spend 7 more lives with each other" She looked into his eyes lovingly.

"7? mujhse toh 1 nhi nikal rha" he looked at her in shock.

(7? I can't even pass 1)

"Baat mat karna mujhse" she glared at him.

(Don't talk to me)

He laughed and pulled her closer, kissing her forehead....

Irritating each other is their love language.

From school enemies to college enemies.

From wanting to kill each other to developing a crush on each other.

From showing that they don't care to jumping like maniacs out of happiness when their parents arranged their marriage.

They have come a long way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please suggest a name for this story.😗

Thanks for reading❤️

I hope you liked it❤️