chapter 1.2.3-yard

There I was alone, looking at my classmates goofy games, like Brandon trying to impress his friends by licking his candy as fast as he could. I tell you what, nobody is delighted with his enormous head. At the other corner, there's Rik (the one telling the professor I've punched him), who is gasbagging everyone about his awesome toys. No one has any interest in his toys because he has a blabbermouth. Everybody is doing what a grade schooler does on a playground. Upon inspecting every kid, I tried to understand what joy they get out of their silly games. I realize that we're not the only students in the yard. Even the high school students are there enjoying their free time; some are wondering why they were sent outside the room. Nevertheless, they have the time of their lives, and by looking at them, my mind was flooded with thoughts. Like, Do they smoke pot? Do they always party? Where do they usually make out? while I'm distracted and lost in my thoughts. I've noticed some of the high schoolers doing rather peculiar acts. They started forming pairs of three. They began dancing like an ancient tribe ritual, which they executed with precise movement and coordination with each other. Their exhibit lasted for almost a minute. My mind is a little bit confused by what they're doing. Is that the way high schoolers flirt?. At the end of their unusual act, they formed a circle facing out and bent their arms and legs towards the center of their bodies. Cease for a few seconds. It seems that they are concentrating on a final stunt. In an instant, they quickly extended their hands and bodies into the air, their hips and waists twisted on their right. Their left leg is anchored in the back, stabilizing their movement, and their right leg is a bit angled to the ground, supporting their weight. In the process of making that move out of nowhere, their fist produced a big swirling blaze of flame. Their bodies are slightly bending inward to control the fire, forming a tornado-like firestorm. My eyes can't believe what they saw a while ago. In the end, they clap their hands for a job well done but it seems like nobody was moved by that striking performance; some even booed their hasty acts. After a short while, everyone carried on like nothing had happened like it's normal to them. Without me noticing, even my classmates and the rest of the grade schoolers watch in awe; we've never seen anything like it. They talked about it for a while, but as kids tend to do, they lost interest right away. Not for me, though; analyzing things is what I'm good at. That's what happens if you're stuck in a mansion with all the books in the world. You investigate. I gathered all the knowledge I knew about tricks that magicians used to perform such acts. I think of all the possible ways they've done it, but unfortunately, there is no luck for me. I began looking around for any indication of a device that they may have used throughout the scene while I was free-occupied in finding it and revealing them of their scheme. I was unaware that a few of the high school pupils were looking at me, and their numbers were growing by the second, as if I was releasing an aura they could feel. Suddenly someone grabbed me by the shoulder and said, "Easy there, lawyer."
I'm a bit upset because I wasn't able to figure out the solution because someone interrupted me. Out of my frustration, I quickly turned to confront whoever it was that disturbed me in the middle of my hunt for the truth. I didn't know that someone was a girl. The moment I glance at her face, I can immediately tell that we're the same age. She has a ponytail hairstyle. In a short while, I feel ashamed of myself because I'm ready to raise my voice at her. Now I don't know what to say; we're just standing there staring into each other's eyes. Finally, the silence had been broken by her."Wow!" she said, "you have the coolest eyes I've ever seen. Just like looking at an absolute emptiness." "My name is Lara, by the way". I just stood there wondering, Ah, this girl hadn't cried yet; she might have an empty head, but her eyes are not bad either. It's like looking at a sunflower; it's so captivating, I just want to stare at it all day. She has a look on her face like she is confused."HELLO!" Lara said. "Are you mute or something?"
"Oh, sorry about that. My name is Skye, and yours?"
"There's definitely something wrong with you," she replied. "Let me introduce myself again. My name is Lara L.A.R.A. Lara, okay?"
I'm a bit annoyed; she thought I was a slow-minded kid but was still mesmerized by her eyes.After some time, I realized that I was giving her a strange face, so I came up with a question for her."Are you alright?" I asked. It's not a very good question, but it's better than nothing to say.She looks uneasy. "Why did you ask me that?"
"Nothing; it's just that everyone who stares at me always ends up crying," I replied.
"Fascinating. Do they make up fabricated stories after that?" she said, while staring at me.
"Yes, how did you know that?", I'm bothered by the things she knows.
"You're definitely new here." She firmly said that line.
"Welcome to Bright Future Academy, home to powerful and brilliant kids."
"Powerful!" My mind is confused by the words she utters.
"Yes, powerful! she exclaimed.
"Do you mean? Power! Power! I said, extending my hand and flicking my figures just like kids do if they want a sprinkling effect with water, not convinced by the things she said.
She's looking at me with sympathy. "Your brain is smaller than I thought".
I was furious at the things she said, but I would not let her win, so I asked. "What's your ability?"
"I'm smart," she plainly said.
I reflected for a while. I know I'm smart as well, so I asked sarcastically. " smart?"
She picked up on how ironic my question is, and she responded with force."I'm smart! So smart that I know all the power there is in this world, and I can counter it using my smartness."
She paused, thinking of the last word she said. That's when I knew I had her, and I teased her more.
"Hahaha!" With a stupid smile on my face. "smartness?".
I'd never seen a second grader who is so mad in my entire life, but I feel happy to talk with someone of the same age, and I know the consequences of my action, so I just stood there, ready to receive all the insults she had prepared. She is all set to strike, but out of nowhere, someone interferes with her. "Hay! Lara quit bullying that poor boy".
I peek over her shoulder and see another second grader who looks like someone's uncle.
"Oh look!" I said "Your uncle!" I don't know the reason why, but I emit my thoughts, maybe because I want to tease her more. She took a look to see who it was, and I thought she would call him to beat the crap out of me for saying that. All of a sudden, I heard laughter from her and said,
"He does look like an uncle."
She looked back at me, saying, You're funny kid."
I was a little annoyed by her calling me 'kid', but I let it pass. You're not bad as well, smartness",
I tried to save our dispute.
"Lara, hurry up!" the boy said, "Dad will be mad at us!" This time he is persuasive.
"Wait a minute!" Lara shouted. She quickly went while saying,
"Don't eat that candy, kid."
She ran towards the boy, and the two of them ran towards the exit area. Leaving me alone in the playground, bombarded by the word she left.