chapter1.3-toward safety

All the loneliness I felt a while ago came rushing inside of me, all set to flood my heart with sorrow. Nevertheless, I'm glad to talk with someone my age. I envy kids who have a lot of friends, but I guess that world is not for me. The candy looked appetizing, but I decided to take her advice, so I threw the candy in the wastebasket, hoping it would have any effect on me. After that, I ran towards the classroom, and halfway to the hole, I noticed that the school was deserted. I took a quick glance at my watch and found out that it's not time yet; we still have almost an hour to go, and I know that there is no event in school today. Suddenly, at the corner, someone appeared. I didn't recognize it at first; it was more like a shadow.                      

He shouted, "Go home, kid! Call someone to pick you up". 

I see, it was the security officer dashing towards the exit. It had me worried after seeing the officer's frightened actions. My instinct told me to follow the officer, so without any thought, I followed the officer towards the exit. When I reached the gate, I saw my father's driver waiting for me beside my father's black car, holding his phone as if he were calling someone. He's quite a big and muscular man.                 

I approached him and asked, "Where is my driver? What's going on?"

Instead of an answer, he asked, "Where is your phone? I've been calling you this whole time. Get into the car!" He exclaimed.

He sounded so serious while running to the driver's side, so I didn't complain anymore. Just as I opened the back door of the car, I saw the silhouette that I think was my father, covering himself with a black hooded coat, so I hopped in, shooting the door back. Now that we're next to each other, I've realized that my father is bigger than usual and didn't make a sound. In an effort to ascertain my father's identity, I called out, "Dad?"

He didn't respond, and I started worrying about my safety. The car is starting to move, and my brain is already formulating an escape plan, even though I knew that I couldn't get away from my father's driver. In the middle of my dilemma, a rather unusual question pops into my mind: Why am I not crying? I was astonished and a bit skeptical about the thought that I had, so I began contemplating. Suddenly, the voice inside me is telling me that it's okay, but the situation at hand tells me otherwise. Unsure of what to do, I just sat back, flooded with thoughts about the circumstances, attempting to make sense out of the unexpected thought that I had. While I'm in my deep thinking, I hear a heavy voice beside me saying, "Trust the assumption of your thoughts, son; that's one of your strengths."

I looked at my father; he was smiling at me, just like a proud father would.

"What's going on, dad?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, son," he sighed. "I should have told you this a long time ago."

"What do I need to know, dad?" I asked.

"About who you are, Skye." He exclaimed, "Even your mother is proud of you."

I'd never heard my father talk about my mother.

"Tell me about Mother, Dad," I said. My emotions are overflowing with excitement as I wait for my father to tell me about my mom.

"I've never met anyone as awesome as your mom," he replied.

A bit disappointed in his answer, I look at him, waiting to hear more. In a short while, my father had teary eyes, as if something terrible had happened to my mom.

"Soon, son," he said, I will tell you everything after it's all done."

"But dad, I want to know now; please tell me now!" I exclaimed.

I beg as if this is our last conversation.

"Sir, we're here," the driver said.

"Okay," my father said, "just wait for me here, son; after this, we will know each other well."