Chapter 1

"Jordan," Sinestro said from behind. He floated near one of his trusted sergeants-a recent human recruit, Hal Jordan. It had been some time since Sinestro had seen one enlisted in the Green Lantern Corp, much less, his own unit. He landed near him. "A word, please. Are you busy?"

Hal looked up at him. "No, why?" he asked. "Are you needing a hand with something?"

Sinestro smirked. "A hand," he said. "Would be an understatement. Come along."

Sinestro glowed in a slight luminescent green light. So did Hal. The two of them ventured down the corridors of their headquarters based on the planet of Oa. This planet served as the main point and sanctuary for all Green Lanterns-beings who wielded a universal light focused on the power of will. Through it, they could construct anything that their mind imagined. It was an unyielding power indeed.

One that could make those submit.

Sinestro led Hal into his quarters. There, he inputted a code. Hal felt strange as he walked in behind him. Sinestro glanced over at Hal from his shoulder. The lights flickered on above his head. Hal noticed the room's appearance. It looked like Sinestro's home world-Korugar. The desert sand surrounding hues of the hard epoxy glass of the flooring and walls, alongside eluent, and abstract decorative items. There was even a grandiose bed eluding towards the corner of the room. Hal raised his eyebrows as Sinestro stopped floating and landed in the center of the room.

Sinestro sighed. "This is your first time in my room," He mentioned. "I am sorry. I should have shone you sooner."

"What do you mean?" Hal managed to ask.

"We both know it, Jordan," Sinestro told him, looking back. "You like me."

Hal's face flushed red. Was this what this was about? Well, at least Sinestro took the time to have this conversation in private instead of in the halls of one of their corridor chambers or around his fellow sergeants in arms. Hal took a breath and closed his eyes. Sinestro neared him during that time.

"What is your answer," Sinestro said, looking deep into Hal's eyes. Hal gritted his teeth and felt his face ripen with embarrassment, being forced to come forward with his attraction for his Korugarian Chief Commanding Officer-Thaal Sinestro. "Hal Jordan of Sector-2814? As you humans among Earth say it: Cat got your tongue?"

"We don't say it like that," Hal spat, waving him off. He started to walk away and attempted to leave Sinestro's room. "I don't need to be here. I thought you said you needed a hand."

"I do," Sinestro responded, still. "And would like yours. Care to take mine?"

Sinestro held his hand out. Hal's lip fell and his face reddened some. He turned around. There, Sinestro stood with his palm held outward towards Hal. His other hand was placed directly behind his back.

"It's your choice," Sinestro told him. "Stay here with me and explore your winsome excursion. Or, leave and become a man of wonder-one that sits and ponders of what could have been. Not once was."

Hal realized that Sinestro had a point. He neared him and grabbed his hand. Sinestro looked downward at him and pulled him close with a lurch from his arm. Hal gritted his teeth and Sinestro peered into his eyes.

"You are mine," he told him. "Jordan. Always have been."

"Since when?" Hal asked, making half-hearted laughter. "We just met two weeks ago."

"Since the ring chose your hand," Sinestro confessed with a smirk, glancing at the jewel on Hal's middle finger. He looked back up into his eyes. "As I do have yours now. Care to spend your time with me?"