Chapter 10

Sinestro sighed. "To be quite frank: I'd like to switch sectors," he explained to his superiors. They watched him with cautious eyes. "I believe it will be best with me working alongside my lieutenant. My sector is orderly. His continues to have consistent threats. My strength will be an applicable addition."

"Will it?" A Guardian raised. "Your sector has only remained orderly because you were observing its maintained structure. Shall we remind you of the decline it experienced when you were inflicted with Parallax?"

Destroy them. Parallax whispered to Sinestro. Sinestro could have sworn he could have felt the creature's breath against his ears. You shall leave them to rot. They do not deserve our power.

"Our?" Sinestro thought aloud in Korugarian, speaking to himself again. "No, creature. You beguile and underestimate my nature. You must not think highly of me. I'll change your mind."

"Thaal Sinestro of Sector 1417?" one Guardian checked on him. "Care to say that using the translation of your ring, please?"

Sinestro realized that he was speaking in his native language. Usually, his Power Ring seamlessly translated for him but when he didn't want his phrases to be put to universal understanding, he manually controlled his ring. Many did not know the Power Ring could be operated in this way but Sinestro had been a Green Lantern for a long time. Anything was possible if the user's mentality willed it.

"Yes, I carelessly misspoke," Sinestro replied, shaking his head. "I had to gather my bearings for a brief moment. I am well aware my sector declined ten percent when I was under Parallax's possession."

"What makes you think that Hal's sector would be a good fit for you, now?" A Guardian tsked. "That sector has more problems than solutions. All the heroes in the universe and it still poses a threat. You'd be better off tending to your own sector. Each Green Lantern is stationed in their own for a reason. Too much power and it'll overwhelm the sector. We are not gods-only surveyors to keep the peace."

Sinestro's lips thinned. "Station another Green Lantern to my sector," he suggested. "I need to help Hal get his sector in order. If you care to remember, my sector was in the same position as his when I first began my Corp run. Arguably, it was crime-ridden with such amassable criminal activity it could be considered the worst sector across the board. I was the one that got it to its status today. It didn't come like that. So, all I'm requesting is to allow me to do the same in Hal's sector. Does that sound fair?"

The Guardians looked at one another and started to murmur. Sinestro kept each of their gazes. Hal tried not to talk, as Sinestro didn't like him politicking because Hal became rather passionate very quickly. Sinestro didn't want Hal blowing their only shot at remaining together until future notice. A Guardian finally sighed and broke away from their discussion as it quieted down.

"Hal Jordan of sector 2814 has once told us before that you two have been fraternizing already," The Guardian replied. Hal blushed when Sinestro shot him a glare. "And this proves to be true, as you two have twice on occasion abandoned your posts. Sure, in recent times, you've had good behavior. But we can't ignore a track record. Who's to tell us this isn't another rouse to fraternize once again?"

Sinestro looked annoyed at Hal's previous confession to the Guardians. This just complicated things. Hal rubbed the back of his neck and frowned. His face was red. He was sure of it. Sinestro took a breath and instilled a new direction for the course of conversation.

"As it may be, our power is absolute and still stands more imminent among the Corp," Sinestro explained. "Regardless of our fraternization, you cannot possibly ignore the strength the two of us possess."