3 Splish Splash.

Y/n had encountered this room design countless times in derelict homes, though she had little inkling of its intended purpose. Lyla had directed the unsuspecting woman to the exclusive, standalone bathroom on this floor. Lyla had left y/n alone in the luxurious bathroom, armed with little knowledge of its appliances. The golden woman's casual suggestion was 'to take advantage of the facilities and shower while she was in there 'changing.'

The bathroom was a sight to behold, the epitome of opulence. Polished marble adorned the walls and floors, and underfoot, the tiles radiated a gentle warmth courtesy of the underfloor heating. A grand bathtub and walk-in shower, its size looked like you could fit a whole load of spider people in there. The bathroom exuded prestige, its pristine surfaces free of even the tiniest speck of dirt and clutter. Y/n was well and truly the filthiest thing in this bathroom. 

As y/n stood taking in the bleachy clean smell, a rustling sound signalled the delivery of a plastic biohazard bag being shoved under the door. "Put your clothes in this and seal it," came the voice from outside. The remnants of y/n's pride faded further; it was apparent that personal modesty held little value here. In her harsh universe, the mere presence of another individual was often a rarity, let alone someone who cared about appearance and hygiene. Stripping down, she knelt on the floor, bundling her filthy clothes into the plastic bag. She secured the lip of the bag, sealing the stank smell away.

Looking around the shower cubical
y/n had no clue what to do.  A couple of knobs were present on the wall. Did this thing switch on on its own or was it voice-activated?
"LYLA!  How do you make...," y/n began, her pride clashing with her ignorance. But before she could admit her lack of knowledge, a muffled snicker reached her ears. A wry smile formed on the unseen face behind the door. Of course, they found it amusing; she was a stranger to showers, her body layered with years of accumulated grime. She likely bathed when she stumbled upon a muddy puddle. 

Lyla's snicker subsided, and before she could offer guidance, y/n had already discovered the dial to regulate the water temperature. A startled yelp escaped y/n's lips as cold water cascaded over her body. The water quickly warmed leaving behind the frigid waterfall at the start.  The years of filth were stripped away, and the water, thick and murky, pooled around her feet. Y/n opened her lips and let the water catch in her mouth gulping down the fresh, clean water. It tasted strange and clean but had a hint of chemicals to it. She had never seen such waste of a precious resource.  But she wasn't going to not stop indulging herself this wasn't her universe. 

Gradually, the water began to run clear, and y/n's gaze shifted along the shelf in the shower cubicle. There, she found a 2-in-1 body wash and shampoo, accompanied by a razor. She picked up the bottle, examining its contents with uncertainty. The scent was oddly pleasant so she squeezed a generous gloob into her palm. The water was murky again as she applied the lather to her scalp and body.  As she worked it over the scar at the top of her arm,  reminding her of the failed plan to get the spider society off her back. It was still prominent and her regenerated arm hadn't quite grown the muscle mass back that she once had. 

More of the blue goo followed there was no time to cry over spilt milk. The Society had found her and she had to heed the call.  One handful after another until the bottle was empty. Who cared about extravagance? In this universe, opulence was the norm, and y/n didn't hesitate to maximize the usage of the 2-in-1. Perhaps there was another bottle stashed away in the cabinet; maybe she could slip it into her bag unnoticed.
"Good I smell so good" she huffed the smell of her clean body. Maybe she could just sneak into this universe and take advantage of this bathroom more often.
Placing the empty bottle on the shelf, y/n's gaze fell upon another item, a razor. Its design triggered a wave of memories, of a time when old man Ben would send the orphans he'd collected out to retrieve items from the ruins known as supermarkets. He'd often declare that ladies loved a smooth face as they discovered an unopened packet. Y/n picked up the razor, running it down a patch of her arm. With newly smooth skin, she lifted her arm to her face, the sensation akin to the touch of old Ben's clean-shaven cheek. He'd been the closest thing to family she'd known and he and the other kids were gone now. Lost to a cannon event. She beat the thought back down into the dark depths of her Psyche.

One patch of smooth skin gave way to another until y/n's entire body was as smooth as old Ben's face. By the end, the razor was blunt, its blades encased in layers of thick hair. The shower basin was lined with the evidence of her transformation. Turning off the water, she stepped out of the shower onto the plush bath mat. Grabbing a slightly damp towel from the rack and dried herself off.

As she rummaged through the cabinet, her findings grew. 2-in-1 bottles and packets of razors joined toothbrushes and toothpaste, all soon to be tucked into her bag of clothes. The spider suit, the unexpected gift, lay atop the toilet lid. Y/n attempted to stretch the outfit over herself it looked so small but easily stretched out. The built-in underwear posed an uncomfortable challenge, its fit was less than perfect as it was quick to disappear between her butt cheeks. 

Emerging from the bathroom, y/n's hair remained wet, but she carried with her the aroma of freshness. The bathroom however told a different tale. Scum and hair were still left in the shower basin and the ringing wet towel was left on the floor.

Lyla appeared at the door, her familiar hologram giving off a sense of cheer. "Damn! You scrub up well I hardly recognise you." she flattered,
"Let's get to Migeul'slair."

Pushing open Miguel's office doors Y/n was greeted with a deep darkness in the center of the room a platform hovered surrounded by golden glows, the same as Lyla, softly illuminating it.
"It's about time! " a voice boomed around the room.

🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️

I didn't know why I wrote this chapter it was supposed to be a lot shorter but I got carried away.  I promise the next chapter is all Miggy and y/n.

Leave me a vote if you like it so far helps my brain to keep going with these stories and thank you for checking it out.