Anorexia, Grace - Chapter 3

Really sorry I haven't updated for so long!! Got a bit stuck and didn't feel like writing. Anyway, here we go!! Drawing on the side is of the .. well, you'll see ;) -GeorgieLizG xx

When we arrived at our house and got inside, the first thing I did was flee to my bedroom. I shut the door tightly and despite the fact that the incident with the clown had been about an hour ago, I was still trembling with my heart pounding in my chest. My mom had went into the kitchen to set about making me some dinner. Another uncomfortable evening of eating a few bites and being stared at by my father; both of them exchanging worried glances. They'd stopped sending me to a psychiatrist as long as I promised I would try to eat more and not talk to them about the voices. They hate it, but I don't blame them- I hate it too.

I paced around my bedroom, still thinking about the clown. Would it have followed me home, too? I shuddered at the thought. Suddenly, I felt an icy cold hand grip my shoulder, digging its bony fingers into my shoulder blade. I screamed in shock, and whipped around- and was face to face with a doll.

"Gracieeee..." It began to sing, like an innocent child would before they turned. The doll had a ghostly white face, with strangely shaped eyes, tear drop marks carved into what looked like a mask. Its eyebrows were pointing downwards as if they were daggers; dark brown hair hung down past its shoulders like straw. There were two small triangles next to each other for what I guessed was a nose. Its lips were slanted, a small circular hole inbetween the parting of the lips, and the cheeks were raised high into a taunting smile. But what was behind the mask?

What made it even more terrifying was the fact that there was quite a large gunshot wound on the right of its chest, and it was wearing a long black robe, white stitching going downwards in the middle in a zig-zag pattern. I knew I had to run. I stumbled backwards away from the creepy being, but it only followed.

"I just want to play!" It protested in a girlish giggle. The red eyes behind what I hoped was a mask stared back at me, as I was rooted to the spot. I couldn't move! It lifted its bony, wrinkled grey hand to touch my face as I tried to flinch away. The hand was so grey it seemed as if it was decaying, right before my eyes. Some of it was even yellowing, and the stench of the monster was overwhelming.

"Sis-sis-sist-" It began to stutter. I looked at it in alarm, trying to detect any amount of humanity in its eyes. Just hoping I could find... Something.

"Sist..." Without warning, it fell to the ground with a loud thump, the mask rolling away into the corner of the room slowly. I didn't know what to do as I stared in shock. Was it dead...?

It slowly began to crawl on the floor as I leapt back with a yelp of fright, and it wriggled to my bedroom door. I watched on in horror and shock as the door opened when she didn't even touch it... I saw that it had begun to creepily clamber down the stairs, and scrambled to follow it. What if it got to my mom?! I followed it downstairs, threatening whispers around my ears as I hurried to get to the kitchen where my unknowing mother was making dinner.

Just as it reached the kitchen doorway, and I was at the bottom of the staircase, it turned around, showing its face. It was covered in fleshy, bloody wounds. The eyes looked infected and had frighteningly yellow goo seeping out from the edges. The mask had been discarded in my bedroom, and I reminded myself to get rid of it soon. I stayed in a shocked silence as its mouth stretched upwards into a grin, rotting but somehow jagged teeth smiling up at me menacingly.

"Grace, honey, is that you?" My mom called from inside the kitchen.

"Um, yeah." I managed to call back. My voice cracked a little. The doll turned its head back towards the kitchen and suddenly stampeded inside, blood-stained knives popping out of its skin, ready to attack my mother.

"NO!" I screamed, jumping into the kitchen to grab my mother. With a crash, we both fell to the ground, my mother screaming in surprise. The pot of soup she'd been holding, ready to cook had been dropped, cold soup sloshing all over the floor. An echo went around the room:

You're too weak,

Much too vain,

You'll never catch us,

There's too much pain,

There's much to see,

And much to come,

We just want to make sure

That you never see the sun.

I felt myself being enveloped in darkness, all the energy being drained out of me. I was in a pit full of rotting, dead bodies and the smell was overwhelming. I screamed and yelled, but no matter how many bodies I climbed over, I could not reach the surface. I was drowning in the dead. A circle of dancing dolls had joined hands at the top of the pit, and were running in a circle, taunting me with whispers. I screamed at them even more, but they took no notice of me. The sky above was blood red, with black clouds in the shape of clown-faces. What was this place?!

"You have one week. Give yourself to us, or we take everyone you love." A booming voice said from above. I realized it was one of the clouds- the shape of the lips on the clown were moving!

Then I was back in the kitchen, my mother shouting at me in annoyance, but I wasn't listening.

I looked around in disdain-

The doll was gone.

Hey guys!! Well, I hope you enjoyed that chapter, sorry it was so short and sorry it took me so long to update! I didn't feel like writing much recently but for some reason decided to get back into writing by doing this. Please tell me what you think :) Any creepy suggestions for monsters or whatever are welcome- I might use them in the next chapter, and you'll get a dedication!

Speaking of dedications, this one goes to Babygurlstorms for giving me lots of feedback and being awesome! :))

comment

vote

fan

:)x