14: Wanna Bet?

"Aerin, what are you—"

"Seungcheol, run for your life. This bitch is dying with me," Ruby cackled, her laughter echoing through the burning hall. Seungcheol's heart pounded as the flames grew closer. He couldn't leave without Jeonghan. In a desperate move, Seungcheol grabbed the knife from Ruby's hand, his palm slicing open as he yanked it away. He threw it aside, freeing Jeonghan from Ruby's grip.

"Cheol, save your life!" Jeonghan urged, but Seungcheol's resolve was unshakeable. He wasn't leaving without Jeonghan. With one swift motion, Seungcheol pushed Ruby into the fire. She screamed, unable to fight against his strength. Seungcheol intertwined his bleeding hand with Jeonghan's and they dashed out of the inferno.

Outside, Keeho and the others were waiting. "FUCK CHOI FUCKING SEUNGCHEOL!" Keeho yelled as he saw Ruby unconscious in the flames. Despite his anger, he managed to drag her out and rushed her to the hospital, saving her life but not her face. The fire had left her disfigured, and Keeho knew she would never look the same without plastic surgery.

As the bandages were removed, Keeho's heart sank. Ruby's resemblance to Aerin had been her defining trait. Now, she was unrecognizable. "How do I look now, Keeho?" Ruby asked, her voice trembling.

"You look... different," Keeho said, struggling to find the right words. Ruby's identity had been tied to her appearance, and now that was gone. The doctor explained that more surgeries might be needed, but Keeho was focused on her immediate recovery.

"How do you feel, Red?" he asked gently.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to feel when I'm not even the person I was before," Ruby replied, her voice filled with pain. Keeho patted her shoulder, forcing a smile.

"Don't worry, you look much better now. I love the new Aerin," he said, and immediately regretted it. He had called her Aerin instead of Ruby. Ruby's eyes flashed with anger and hurt as she slowly removed his hand from her shoulder.

"Don't expect anything from me, Keeho. After all, I don't look like your Aerin anymore," she said, her voice cold.

"Ruby, I didn't—"

"Leave! I want to rest now." Keeho sighed and walked out of the room, realizing he had made a terrible mistake. Ruby wouldn't forgive him easily this time.

                                        _

The cafe buzzed with tension as Seokmin's explosive revelation hung in the air.

"Yoon Jeonghan, your boyfriend is a fucking criminal!" Seokmin's breathless accusation sliced through the chatter, drawing every eye to their table.

Mingyu's brow furrowed in confusion. "Yo, what?"

Seokmin took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Jeonghan's date? Remember the guy he told us about during his break with Seungcheol? That guy didn't move out with his family. Seungcheol murdered him."

"But how do you know that?" Wonwoo asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Seungcheol came to talk to Joshua about it, and I overheard their conversation," Seokmin explained. "Han, your boyfriend is a psychopath! He murdered people, and his only concern is that you might find out, not even thinking about the police. Like, Jesus Christ!"

Jeonghan remained unfazed, sipping his coffee lazily. "I know he killed Taeyong."

Everyone stared at him, wide-eyed.

"I once heard his conversation with Hwan about it," Jeonghan continued nonchalantly. "And I'm the one who blackmailed the Lee family into moving out."