𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

ʙʟᴀᴅᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏɴᴅꜱ

The words hung in the air like a heavy fog, and the room fell into a hushed silence. All eyes were fixed upon Y/N and the figure before him, the one he had known as Carrot but now revealed to be none other than Prince Cassius Alaric Kingsley, the Second Prince of the kingdom.

Alaric, looking both surprised and concerned, gazed at Y/N with his piercing yet gentle eyes. "Indeed, you are correct," he admitted with a soft but steady voice. "I must apologize for not disclosing my true identity earlier. I simply wanted to experience a sense of normalcy, to befriend others without the burden of my royal title."

Y/N's mind was racing, and he found himself thinking, 'The Second Prince? He's the third male lead in the manhwa I read!'

It was all too surreal for Y/N to grasp fully. He had been casually hugging and joking around with the Third ML, completely oblivious to the prince's true status. The realization hit him like a wave, and he couldn't help but feel a mix of awe and embarrassment for his lack of awareness.

"Your Highness, I deeply apologize if I seemed disrespectful," Y/N stammered, bowing his head in genuine embarrassment. "I had absolutely no idea, and I hope I haven't overstepped any boundaries."

Prince Alaric placed a reassuring hand on Y/N's shoulder, offering a warm smile. "What's with the sudden formality, Bunny? I'm not quite used to it," he jestingly remarked, attempting to lighten the atmosphere.

"Of course, I'll be formal. One day you attend your school, and suddenly you learn that the friend you called Carrot is, in fact, a prince! No offense, Carrot, but I never imagined you as royalty," Y/N playfully retorted, trying to ease the tension that lingered in the room.

Prince Alaric chuckled, appreciating Y/N's light-hearted response. "Fair enough, Bunny. I should have known better than to keep my identity a secret. But I'm glad you're taking it well," he replied with sincerity.

"Bunny? Carrot? What is the meaning of this, Your Highness?" The knight, Steele, interjected, clearly perplexed by the informal names being used.

"You should not be bothered by this, Knight Steele. What you should be bothered by is your action towards him!" Carrot, or rather Prince Alaric, responded firmly, his tone carrying the authority befitting his royal status.

Damien, quickly attend Y/N's needs, and spoke up with a hint of amusement in his voice, "First day of class, and you already find yourself in trouble, young master. No surprises there." He shook his head, seemingly anticipating such occurrences.

0.5%-2%

Y/N pouted and looked towards Carrot, "Don't worry, Carrot. I'm perfectly fine. I'm tough as nails, so there's no need to be angry at your knight. He's just doing his duty." Despite his brave front, a twinge of pain in his waist reminded him of the forceful throw.

'That guy throws like a gorilla, this will definitely leave a bruise,' Y/N thought to himself, making a mental note to check later.

"Well, Bunny better be alright, or you, Knight Steele, shall be stripped of your title," Carrot asserted sternly, causing the knight to look both shocked and fearful.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░E͇̥͎̊͝R̴̩͖͚̝̥̯̝̰̐͋̚R̼̪̗̮̬̈͞O̘̟͇̼̠̫͚ͫͬͯͤ́ͅR͉͓̯͈̊̚͡░▒▓█▇▅▃▂

As the tension eased, Y/N decided to lighten the mood, suggesting a new course of action. "Now that our little secret name game has reached its end, how about we introduce ourselves properly? Let's reveal our true names this time," he suggested with a warm smile.

46%

'Huh? Is the system having a glitch again?' Y/N wondered when Carrot's meter turned into ERROR and then changed back to 46%.