𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

𝗪𝗵𝗶𝗺𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗼𝘆𝗮𝗹 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲𝘀

Y/N bowed and was about to sidestep the crown prince when Callaghan's presence cut off his path.

"What's the hurry?" Callaghan's voice broke through the tension.

Y/N tried to smile, but worry gnawed at him on the inside. ' 'Why won't he just let me go?'

"The hurry, Your Highness, is that I'm late for my class," Y/N explained, his face now showing a noticeable frown. 'Who cares about niceties? I'm already late!'

A smile spread across Callaghan's face as he noticed Y/N's adorable frown. 'Even when he's irritated, he's cute.' "Oh my, you didn't mention it earlier. Why don't I walk you to class? I'll explain to your professor about the delay."

'Accompany to class? Hmm? Well, he is the 'crown prince'. If the professor sees me with him, maybe they'll let me off this time and I won't get into any trouble! Right! Damn, I'm so smart! Yey, me!' Y/N congratulated himself internally, nodding in agreement on his 'smart plan'.

An intrigued tilt of Callaghan's head was met with Y/N's enthusiastic nod, which he found oddly endearing and intriguing.

40%-42%

The sight of Y/N's wide, sparkling smile was infectious. "Your insistence is greatly appreciated, Your Highness. If you're willing to accompany me, I'd be honored."

As they strolled together down the corridor, Callaghan's warm voice carried their conversation. "So, Y/N, how has the academy been treating you so far? I'm sure it's quite the change from whatever you were up to before."

Y/N thought, 'Oh boy, here we go, small talk with Mr. Royalty McHandsome. Act cool

"Oh, you know, just your typical transformation from a potato couch into a stressed-out scholar. It's been... interesting, to say the least. The classes are challenging enough to make my brain feel like it's bench-pressing textbooks, and the training? Let's just say I'm getting more familiar with ice packs."

Callaghan laughed heartily, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Ah, the joys of academia. And are you embracing the joys wholeheartedly?"

42%-44%

Y/N's brain whirred comically, 'Quick, remember the fanciest subjects. Astrophysics? Quantum mechanics? No, wait, that's not right. Wrong era. Oh, right, honesty is key.' "Well, you see, I'm still trying to figure that out. But I've been delving into the fascinating world of... historical accounts. You know, those dusty tomes that recount the deeds of our extremely distant relatives. Riveting stuff."."

"That's wonderful," Callaghan nodded, his eyes sparking with curiosity. "And when you're not busy with classes, how do you usually spend your free time?"

Y/N's thoughts raced comically, 'Well, aside from running into people and making a fool of myself? Does panicking over assignments count as a hobby?' "Oh, you know, the usual stuff. Reading, exploring the academy grounds... trying not to get lost. It's like a never-ending quest to find the hidden exit that leads to the snack room."

Callaghan's questions took a more detailed turn, and Y/N found himself wondering, 'Is he writing a biography about me?' as Callaghan asked about his favorite foods, colors, and even his preferred hobbies.

"Your favorite color is blue, right?" Callaghan asked, a twinkle in his eyes.

Y/N blinked, somewhat surprised by the accuracy. "Yeah, blue, just like the sky on a clear day."

Internally, Y/N added, 'But also like the color of my face right now because this is getting weirder by the minute.'

Callaghan just grinned mysteriously. "Lucky guess, I suppose."