Lingering Echoes of Love beneath the Aurora

Noah Schnapp

"But, I missed out one thing that was important." She said as she kneeled in front of me.

"Telling you that how much my heart loves you and respects you." A single tear fell from her eyes which made me kneel down before her.

"Hey...." I didn't know what to say.

She smiled sweetly at me with eyes filled with love which she stored for 10 f*ucking years which made my head spin and heart race for some unknown reason.

"White roses represent Purity and Innocence. And that's what I felt for you, pure love. So I thought this event represents it the best than any other flowers."

"You like it?" She asked while looking deep into my eyes.

I stood from the floor pulling her along with me.

"I-I don't know. This is just-" I said not knowing how to react at the sudden confession of a heart twisting love.

"Crazy? Insane?" She asked smiling at me.

"You don't have to answer me, or love me back." She said surprising and confusing the shit out of me.

"I did not come here to ask you to love me back. Like I said, my life is only filled with regrets of wrong decisions and waste of time till now. I want to reclaim it."

"My life might end at any time and while I am closing my eyes forever, I don't want to regret for not telling my true feelings to you. That's the reason why I came here."

"Woah.... I just feel like a heavy burden on my shoulders has been taken off and I am loving every moment of what happened right here."

I stood froze on my spot, not able to move or process.

She took a deep sigh and walked towards me, she wrapped her gentle arms around my neck and hugged me tight.

"Thank you....thank you for listening to me."She whispered while still hugging me whereas I couldn't even hug her back.

"I know, this must have seemed crazy to you. But trust me, this is my sincere heart and feelings underneath for you."

"Thank you for listening to me without freaking out. Now I can die without this regret." She said letting her grip off me.

Her eyes stuck on mine while cupping my cheeks gently, I stood completely astonished and stunned. She stared at my face for too long like she wanted to have it printed in her mind.

After that moment my heart beat became uncertain, her deep eyes drowning mine and I was ready to reach the depth of it. She backed off, her eyes not leaving mine and she pulled her lips to the most sincere smile.

She turned around, took her phone and purse from the table while walking towards the door.

She paused her steps after opening of the door.

"Thank you.......for everything." she said taking a last look on my froze body. And left the room taking something that's mine,

MY HEART.....

Roseanne Wren

I did it...

Oh god, I did it...

The Hell, I did it...

Holy shit, I did it......

I jumped around celebrating the biggest achievement in my life not caring about the people on the street who were staring at my strange behaviour.

"I still can't believe I did it." I whispered touching my pounding heart as it would jump out anytime sooner.

After a long time, I felt it.....